We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supplies

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
adelaide
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
supplies

Hi All

going to Bali shortly and will be staying in our own villa in Seminyak. We wanting to be able to buy some supplies of nibbles, cheese, cakes etc to have happy hour around our own pool. Where in Seminyak/Kuta/Legian is the best place to go.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: supplies

There are quite a few places to get supplies, some would be

Bintang Supermarket, Seminyak

Bali Deli,

Carrefour

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: supplies

Hi

in addition to Whinnie's suggestions, if you are in Kuta, take a look at Pepito Supermarket. I don't know the address, but it is almost in Tuban and taxi drivers know where it is.

Has lots of different items and in December when we were there, stocked jars of "Always Fresh" onions, olives, and products from the world over. Had a fresh and frozen meat section a service cheese counter, fresh fruit and vegetables and a bakery.

With the strict import rules now, I do not know what will be on the shelves.

cheers

wendy

perth
Level Contributor
51 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: supplies

Hi,

We also stayed in a villa, and we found carrefour the best for nibbles, cheese, cold meat, cakes nuts, crisps etc. Bintang supermarket, is also quite handy, although the range is limited. Carrefour has warm cheese bread, fresh pastries, and the fruit and vegetables are lovely.There are also taste tests of some of the bread, cakes so you can try before you buy which is a super idea. Also they have fresh squeezed juices which are also lovely.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: supplies

I agree with Wendy - you can't go past Pepito's. That is my first stop after checking into my hotel. I stock up on all the essentials and it really is a great supermarket.

adelaide
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: supplies

Great tks for you suggestions, can't wait to be having happy hour around our pool in 5 weeks time.

Can you also recommend any good restaurant in Seminyak to eat dinner, don't mind spendng a bit as we are on holiday after all.

we have been to Bali many times and done all the usual things, any suggestions for things you did that made your holiday really good would be appreciated.

Lyn

6. Re: supplies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, August 06, 2009
7. Re: supplies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, August 06, 2009
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: supplies

Hi Lynnie, there are many great restaurants in Seminyak you will be overwhelmed by choice.

Make sure you walk the beach strip and try some of the many there from Gado Gado to Seaside Cafe, Lanai, Blue Ocean, Tekkor.

Rumours, Sarong, Ultimo, Sorriso

Try some of the cheaper places like Warung Asia, great Thai food, Warung Ocha, Warung Mura,

Just walking Jln Laksmana and Dyana Pura will have your mouth watering.

Bon apetite

Gainesville
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: supplies

The Bali Deli has everything you will ever want - but you pay for it.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,563 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: supplies

and I would think for supplies such as drinks etc then Alfa would be the go.