We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa lumbung

manchester U.K.
Level Contributor
208 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
villa lumbung

We have just arrived back from 2 weeks in villa lumbung. The hotel was fabulous, we were in a superior room which was very spacious and cleaned really well every day, there was always plenty of hot water also. The hotel is situated in a quiet part of seminyak caled pettitengent and is a 15 min. walk to the nearest beach which was too quiet for us. We spent our time at double six beach where there was a lot more happening but the water is really not good for swimming, only surfing. Went into Kuta one day and only stayed an hour, it was far too busy and just like going to a city centre. I didn't rate the market there either, the one at Ubud is much better. We only went into the centre 3 or 4 times as there are enough restaraunts close to villa lumbung. The Bonita was very good as was the italian, but when we did go to the centre we went to Rumours twice which was also great. Food was reasonable but spirits were quite expensive, it was approx £5 sterling for a gin and tonic.

ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa lumbung

hi we're just back form bali and spent 3 nights in the deluxe bungalows of villa lumbung. i agree with everything above - great place for the price as all accomodation in seminyak is kinda pricey. i wouldnt even bother with the extra money for the deluxe bungalow - the rooms looking brand new and lovely

perth australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa lumbung

hi was thinking of this hotel for 4 nights after 7 in sanur so was very glad to read your report could you advise was they any little bars walking distance also how were the prices for food ...thanks so much

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villa lumbung

KeysPerthAustralia, there are heaps of warungs and restaurants in the area, but I don't know about bars as such. Venue of the Moon (or similar name) is very close.

Our experience at Warung Bonita was not so good, but I believe it was a staffing issue on the night. The staff were really under pressure and nothing seemed to flow. The garden setting is beautiful at night and I think on I would return here to give it another go.

One place you might try near Villa Lumbung is the Rubicon. The food here was great, and inexpensive. It was very close to Sanyas Suites, where we stayed, so we ate here a couple of times. And another favourite in the area is Biku - I don't know why this is not mentioned more on TA as it's a bit of a hidden secret. The menu is unbelievable, prices cheap, and importantly, food quality is superb. Not to mention the aesthetics. Lots of European 'locals' eating here, which I think is a good sign.

We walked past villa lumbung every day, so might check out the website for future reference.

ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa lumbung

the two cool very trendy bars that are mentioned in the guide books and by lots of people here are Ku de ta and Hu'u. Hu'u is about a 6 r 7 min walk and ku da ta maybe 10 r 15. we just taxi cos i was in heels they cost like €2. the eat strip is a taxi ride by night - less than 5 mins, again because i had heels on - we did walk by day about 30min walk. trattoria was nice, rumors was nice - 3 cousres beers and cocktails all averaged about €40 . we ate in the living room one nite - surrounding and ambience fab. kinda flash and fancy - we got all glammed up - its kinda pricey by bali standards- cost about €90 but nice. hope this helps enjoy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villa lumbung

Villa Lumbung is the best. We have stayed there every year for the past 5 and we still love it. The staff are wonderful, it is not too big a resort and your are away from all the noise of Kuta/Legian.

Personally we stay in one of the ground floor deluxe bungalows because we love the large outside garden bathrooms in the balmy bali weather. If you get the opportunity book room 8B or 9B as thay have a lovely outdoor day bed overlooking the pool and you get the last of the days sun when sitting there reading or having a drink.

Cafe Bonita used to have the best Nasi & Mee goring. We would go there very often to enjoy it in the delightful garden. Now they have taken it more up market and it is not the same restaurant.

Dont panic though there are great restaurants and cafes everywhere.

One warung in particular is next to Villa lunbung. When you go out the front gates onto the main road and turn left there is a little run down warong next to a vacant block of land. They sell organic friuit & veg and have a small food area. It really doesnt look like it is worth going into but believe me it is. We had walked past it for 3 years before we gave it a try after Cafe Bonita lost us. WOW what incredible food at next to no cost. A husband and wife run it and as it turns out he used to be a former chef at the Legian but gave that away to upen his own warung using organic foods. Some menu dishes have to be ordered a day in advance so he can arrange.

We soon realised why we used to see Villa Lunbung guests dining there night after night. It reinforces an old saying that is so Bali- "you cannot judge a book by its cover".

On the bar side there is a fantastic bar in the main restaurant strip of Seminyak called Zappaz Bar. It is primarily a piano bar with live music and the atmosphere is fantastic. Drinks a heaps cheaper than Yu Hu Bar but it depends on what you want. A place to relax and to be seen or one to have fun, dance and get merry.

6. Re: villa lumbung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 14, 2010