We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Vs Villas in Seminyak

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels Vs Villas in Seminyak

Hi all,

My wife and I will be in Seminyak for 3 nights next month. I've looked at several reviews of hotels and villas in Seminyak. In general, which of the two would you recommend considering that we want to be as close to the beach as possible, want a good spa and food options (we are both vegetarians).

It seems in general that villas offer much better value for money (we are thinking of the Oberoi if we go with the hotel option - for the price of the minimum room in Oberoi, one can get a much larger villa with a private pool at, say, Sanyas suites). However, we are concerned that they may not offer good beach services or choice of vegetarian food.

Thanks,

Rish

Bali
Level Contributor
639 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels Vs Villas in Seminyak

Villas certainly do offer you more privacy and value. Is there any reason that the spa and food must be available where you're staying? It is easy (and cheap) to get around and many services will come to you. Or, what about staying somewhere that has villas and hotel rooms as well as restaurants and spas? You can stay on the beach, but in Seminyak, none of the hotels have private beaches as such.

Vegetarian food is pretty easy to find here. :)

New Delhi
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels Vs Villas in Seminyak

Glad to hear about the veggie food :)

Ok, we're staying at Amankila before we arrive at Seminyak, so I guess spa isn't necessary. But we tend to eat at pretty weird times, so a hotel with 24-hour food options does come in handy. But since there seem to be no good swimmable beaches near Amankila in East Bali, we were hoping to stay somewhere very close to the beach in Seminyak.

Isn't it true that the Oberoi or Legian are right at the beach and that their area of the beach is relatively less crowded?

Also, could you suggest to us a couple of nice villa options that are right at the beach, and in the $200-300 price range?

Thanks a ton,

Rish

3. Re: Hotels Vs Villas in Seminyak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, November 20, 2009