We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Should I Head for Shoe Shopping?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
499 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where Should I Head for Shoe Shopping?

Is Bali a good place to buy shoes? Last time I was there I bought some casual sandals in the Matahari, and am still wearing them to this day. I would have bought more (being a bit of a shoe fiend) but even though I am a pretty standard size 7 in Aus, the big problem was finding shoes big enough!

Can anyone recommend any places that sell a good selection of good quality shoes?

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where Should I Head for Shoe Shopping?

Hi Swan River

Matahari stores still have good ranges of shoes. My friend is a size 40-42 and found many to suit her.

Also Centro has some lovely shoes as well!

cheers

wendy

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,975 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where Should I Head for Shoe Shopping?

apart from centro and matahari i have bought lots of shoes at the ramayana in denpasar they have a huge range. also got some at the smaller shops outside matahari in kuta. some of the boutique shops in legian / seminyak have shoes. matahari had the best range on my last visit. we were lucky and got a lot in our sizes. even carrefour had some shoes. most were not anything like high quality but we did get some casual sandals from here. there are also shoe shops in this shopping centre.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where Should I Head for Shoe Shopping?

Bali has gorgeous shoes and at a fraction of the cost of Australia. There are some beautiful boutique shops in the main street of Seminyak that sell clothes and shoes! Also check out Jalan Laksmana at Seminyak which also has a host of boutiques selling shoes. The Matahari department store is also good as is Centro in Tuban. I am a size 7 and I never have any trouble finding shoes. Another good street for shopping in Legian is Jalan double 6.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
499 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where Should I Head for Shoe Shopping?

Thanks guys, that should keep me happily occupied for a while.

Robyn:)

5. Re: Where Should I Head for Shoe Shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, October 18, 2009