We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa along Jln Laksmana

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Villa along Jln Laksmana

Hello!

I will be in Bali (again!) in mid Sept and am looking for a nice villa at Jalan Laksmana.

During my two previous trips to Bali, I stayed at Heliconia Villas which is smack in the centre of Jalan Laksmana, ie. we walk out of the compound and are in the thick of the eat-street action.

Heliconia was nice but this time, I'd like to try a slightly more luxurious and different experience, since it is my honeymoon!

I can't imagine forgoing the convenience of being on Eat Street though - can anyone recommend a better villa with an equally fantastic and convenient location in Seminyak? (Other than Villa Jodie which I'm already checking out :))

Many thanks!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa along Jln Laksmana

Hi PlasticTrees!

You're back! ;-P

OK...on the same stretch as Heliconia and Jodie, there is The Amasya (also nice). I used to book the 2 bedroom villas, get them to lock up one room and paid one bedroom villa prices, because I wanted the 2 bedrm villa pool - which is pretty big. However, they don't do that anymore and they have built newer one bedroom villas.

Or The Ahimsa which is next to Ku De Ta?

Or my current favourite is Villa De Daun in Legian. The Deluxe Pool Villa is very nice. Excellent location as well.

Singapore
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa along Jln Laksmana

Hello Jade!

Nice to hear from you again. Yes I am hopefully going to be back in Bali (on waitlist... fingers crossed) in September after the wedding :)

Thank you for the recommendation - will definitely look them up. Your recommendations are always fantastic :)

Have you heard of the Anantara? My friend is highly recommending it, especially the ocean view villas. It seems to be located near Ku De Ta, I think.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa along Jln Laksmana

Tha Anantara is simply stunning. It is on the beach next to the Oberoi in between Ku De Ta and Gado Gado. It is close to all your favourite Seminyak restaurants.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa along Jln Laksmana

Have you had a look at the Elysian Boutique Villas or Laksmana Villas, both are within walking distance to Eat Street.

Kate

bali
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa along Jln Laksmana

ou may check The Samaya, near La Luciola.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa along Jln Laksmana

The Anantara is the subject of a messy legal dispute with the local government or a number of building and zoning violations. So if you make reservations there, you don't know what to expect - the provincial government is threatening to tear down part of the hotel. All in all, its unseemly, and not too smart for this property to allow such problems to cause uncertainly for visitors.

If the allegations against the property are true, then visitors should consider whether its worth the price to stay here.

This seems to be a recurring theme across Bali in the last year. The recovery in tourist numbers has released a development boom that threatens to cause long term damage to the island.

www.balidiscovery.com/messages/message.asp…

7. Re: Villa along Jln Laksmana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 05, 2009