We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intimate/Romantic Restaurant for last night in Bali

London
Level Contributor
254 posts
42 reviews
Intimate/Romantic Restaurant for last night in Bali

My last night in Bali will be spent in Seminyak and I would love to go for a really nice last meal - somewhere peaceful and romantic for typical Balinese food. Can anyone help with a recommendation please?

Thanks

Asia
Level Contributor
4,191 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: Intimate/Romantic Restaurant for last night in Bali

In the south, for typical Balinese food, go to Bumbu Bali . But it's NOT in Seminyak.

Ketupat in Legian is OK for Indonesian food. Setting is quite nice, but I do feel that standards have dropped.

Somewhere romantic? Kafe Warisan, La Lucciola, Living Room, or the restaurants on East Street - but they are not Balinese restaurants!

Hopefully catalyst (another member) will see this post. THAT is the foodie expert and has compiled lists of places to makan (eat) in different areas!

Johannesburg
10 posts
2. Re: Intimate/Romantic Restaurant for last night in Bali

Hi Mr Croc

I have booked for my wife's birthday at the Hu'u Restaurant in Seminyak (just search the net and you will find it easily), it looks amazing and has got good reviews in the Luxe Guide. I have also received their menu if you would like it.

my email address is: Jonathan.Prangley@za.sabmiller.com

Let me know,

Cheers

Jono

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Intimate/Romantic Restaurant for last night in Bali

Hi ,

there's Warung Made .., Jalan Raya Seminyak - Bali - 80361

phone +62 361 753039 | fax +62 361 761959 this location is the newer one , choose seat on the 1st floor .. quite romantic I guess but could be quite busy as well .. as they are very popular

they are one of the very 1st restaurant that cater tourist since 1960 ?? Belong to Balinese people ..& should try their signature 'nasi campur' mixture of Balinese dishes in plate served with steam rice ..

Have fun in Bali

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Intimate/Romantic Restaurant for last night in Bali

If price is no object you could try the Ristafil (sp?) at the Legian Hotel its like a 12 course tasting menu of Indonesian specialties - $$$ by Bali standards (but not by English) spectacular location - beach setting at sunset and very romantic and peaceful...

It is hard to find 'typical' Balinese food at the restaurants here - most is mixture from all over the Indonesian archipelago - If you wanted to try truly authentic Balinese cuisine you could take a trip to Benoa to the Bambu Bali restaurant (it is a bit of a hike though - about 1/2 an hour drive)

One place that some of my friends absolutely rave about is the restaurant at Tungu hotel in Canggu - it is not cheap either but very romantic / private and incredible setting /experience apparently.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Intimate/Romantic Restaurant for last night in Bali

JUst found this link for Tugu hotel - definitely looks like it would fit the bill!

http://www.tuguhotels.com/bali-Dining.htm

London
Level Contributor
254 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Intimate/Romantic Restaurant for last night in Bali

Hi,

Thanks very much for your ideas they both look amazing I may have to try both!!

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Intimate/Romantic Restaurant for last night in Bali

The Luxe guide is superb, also www.balieats.com is a good referenc. Maybe you'be be better cotacting a hoyel or restaurant to set up a private dinner for you both, with all the trimmings, but remember to give them your budget 1st. Many here will cater for a superb romantic dinner. Best of luck

8. Re: Intimate/Romantic Restaurant for last night in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Seminyak