We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

london
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

My and my boyfriend will be coming to Bali at the end of May. We are going to stay in Ubud for 4 or 5 nights (what does anyone recommend?) and then to the beach areas for 6 or 7 nights. We are not sure whether to go to Seminyak or Sanur Beach- which would you suggest? We both like going out to eat/ drink etc and seeing the local culture as opposed to cutting ourselves off, but we also quite like quiet beaches and tranquility!

Not too sure which area to go for...is Seminyak noisy/hectic?

Many thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

why not try a taste of both? if you have 6 or seven nights you could definitely split the time between the two.. best of both worlds!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

Agree with BrigidE. Split it up. I don't find Seminyak noisy nor hectic at all...I like Seminyak very much. :-)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
317 reviews
3. Re: Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

both areas are different. at seminyak you can enjoy lovely sunsets and there is a wide choice of restaurants. the beach here has waves. good shopping.

in sanur it is a different area, the beach is calm and the sun rises here. sanur is more of a village and very relaxing and peaceful, also with some lovely restaurants and a 7km walkway along the beach. i am sure you would enjoy both. they are about 30 minutes apart so easy to access both.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
353 reviews
4. Re: Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

Seminyak

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
573 posts
5. Re: Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

I agree with Brigid and Jade... split your time between Seminyak and Sanur.. you'll enjoy both!

Regards... Princi62

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
220 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

In relation to your Ubud request for suggestions. We highly recommend Komaneka Resort on Monkey Forest Rd as its great location walking distance to everything plus excellent service. The hotel is right in the heart of Ubud with shops and restaurants literally at the front entrance. However the hotel has a great design such that the hotel rooms are at the back near the river and rice paddies, so its very peaceful and serine inside the hotel grounds. Strongly recommend it and wish we were still there. Have a look at the hotel reviews from other very happy hotel guests like us.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

Yes I love the Komaneka too - We stay there on occasion when we are having a little weekend get away and a romantic meal up in Ubud.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
512 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

It looks like you have about 11 nights in Bali.. (I'm going in May, too!) I'd recommend something like 4-3-4.. or 4-4-3. :)

Seminyaks isn't noisy/hectic, but I think it can be if you choose the wrong villa... (i.e. one villa in Maya Sayang can be slightly noisey because it's near the bar or something)

9. Re: Seminyak or Sanur Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Seminyak