We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Seminyak with a 5 mth old baby

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Seminyak with a 5 mth old baby

Hi Everyone

I need your help!

My husband and I are planning to travel to Bali in March with our 5 month old baby. I have never been to Seminyak before (nor travelled with the baby - which is why I am a little nervous!) but have heard that the hotels and villas are great.

Can anyone please recommend a good place to stay - either villa or hotel - that would be good with a small baby? Willing to pay up to $250 per night.

thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Seminyak with a 5 mth old baby

Hi there is so many places to choose from that it is a hard decision. MY answer would really depend on if your baby is breastfed or bottle and on solids or not.

If only fully BF still then any nice hotel would do you having only 1child they could fit in a cot easily.

If bottlefed and on solids then i would suggest you would be in need of a kitchen and maybe microwave so an apartment would suit better.

Also in an apartment if bub wants to go down for daytime sleeps and/or early to bed in evenings then you have a seperate lounge area where you can sit and a seperate bed area to but baby to sleep.

We have just returned last week and stayed at Jayakarta hotel in some private rental apartments that we found on the internet. Now they are a long walk to the pool but that would be good as if you are close to the pool you dont want drunken louts waking up a sleeping baby when they are doing midnight splashes!!

Try googling jayakarta private apartments and a site for max & suzanne will come up and have a browse. They have 1 brm, 2 brm and 3 brm and are very well set out. We were happy with them as do most others appear to be. There are also other hotels that offer two rooms so check out the bali travel forum as well and ask lots of advice.

best of luck

cheers Deb

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Seminyak with a 5 mth old baby

Hello Windsor 01,

We went to Sesari Villas last August Sept in Seminyak(approx$$$200Aud per nt)with our 6month old Daughter and we will never go back to Hotel Rooms ever again as Villas have your own pool and privacy especially when with a little one you tend not to venture out as much as you used to, so having it all at home was Fantastic!!!Especially if you just want to Chill

Sesari Villas has a FOCharge cots for your stay, and 1 or 2 Bedroom Villas, However there are alot of Villas around this price and of similar Quality these are some below-

-Sekar Taman 1 and 2

-Alu( Brother Villas of Sesari) and Sesari ofcourse

-Ahimsa

And the list goes on but all of these are sure bets.

Hope this helps, we are also there in March might seeyou there!!!

Sydney
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Seminyak with a 5 mth old baby

Thank you to both of you for your responses, we will definately be staying at one of the villas.

Another quick question, when staying at Sesari did you use any babysitting whilst you were there?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Seminyak with a 5 mth old baby

Hi,

Yep we did actually, being our first child obviously we were quite concerned with leaving our Daughter with a stranger so towards the end of the trip we begun to know the Front Office staff and trusted them.

So we left our Girl with one of the Staff@Sesari in our Villa, for only maybe 3 times from say 6pm til 8 or 9, we put her to sleep then Ran to Ku de ta for a bite to eat and cocktails.

All of the staff at Sesari seemed fine, Hope this helps.

5. Re: Where to stay in Seminyak with a 5 mth old baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 19, 2009