We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak Baki

Manila, Philippines
8 posts
1 review
Seminyak Baki

Traveling between dec 22-28 with parents in their late 70’s. Best hotel recommendation appreciated and restaurants. Any advice on how to travel with seniors in Seminyak. Should we choose a hotel by the beach or will it be too noisy

13 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Seminyak Baki

The Trans Resort. Great location (not on the beach but easy & flat strolling to everything Seminyak has to offer).

I would be securing accommodation as a matter of urgency given the peak time you will be traveling next month.

Cheers

australia
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
2. Re: Seminyak Baki

We are seniors and recommend Ananda Resort, Amadea Resort and Mutiara Resort. First two located on Jalan Kayu Aya (“eat street”) and Mutiara one street back. We have stayed at all three a number of times over the years; mainly at Ananda which is a older, quirky style of hotel. Breakfast is included which we find very adequate for starting the day. There are many restaurants/cafes/bars Very close by offering all price options.

The restaurants in Seminyak, for me personally, are excellent. Metered taxis are plentiful and economical. There are authentic money changers nearby. Shopping is good with fixed priced shops and a couple of small markets. Seminyak Square is very close by. Don’t know if your sightseeing while in Bali but transport with a car and driver can be arranged @ IDR600,000 per day. For your transfer from the airport to Seminyak I would request a price from your accommodation for a pick up. If this should seem expensive to you there are other options.

For Christmas celebrations we choose a great restaurant for Christmas Day dinner, e.g. Métis, Bambu, Merah Putih, Jemme but the list is endless. If you look at Zomato website you can find menus/costs. You should do Biku for afternoon tea; every trip for me!

December is the wet season and the ocean and beaches will be covered in rubbish/debris. It can get wet underfoot as drainage is not a priority in Bali so have some throw away shoes at hand. Umbrellas in preference to ponchos as it’s very humid.

I would not recommend the Trans as I don’t think it’s best located and some of the reviews I’ve read it wouldn’t be for me but everyone thinks differently which makes the world go round. And agree you should be booking now. Happy holidays.

Edited: 4:32 pm, November 17, 2018
australia
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
3. Re: Seminyak Baki

PS have a look at an OTA e.g. Booking.com as there will be maps showing locations. You would avoid anything over the other side of Sunset Road. If you keep in mind that I think Jalan Kayu Aya or even Jalan Petitengent as central.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: Seminyak Baki

^ I think it's far more helpful to OP's if we all stick to recommending/not recommending accommodation and restaurants that we've actually experienced first hand. You must have ignored the more than 2000 excellent reviews at The Trans to have arrived at your conclusion given you are the one that sited reviews.

Cheers

australia
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
5. Re: Seminyak Baki

The comment on the reviews and also in the property description stating there is a shuttle bus which implies it’s not so handy to all things doesn’t suit me. Complaints of smokers at happy hour wouldn’t suit me, difficulty finding a money changer wouldn’t suit me, and many children wouldn’t suit me (as it’s Australian school holidays). And such a large property wouldn’t suit me. And having to navigate the very busy Sunset Road wouldn’t suit me.

Can’t find your review fresh_prince.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
69 reviews
6. Re: Seminyak Baki

I haven't got around to to reviewing The Trans. I spent 7 nights there July/August this year in a club room. It was nothing short of tremendous in every way shape and form as the over 2000 excellent reviews already mention.

Edited: 6:17 pm, November 17, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Seminyak Baki

Thank you for your reply

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Seminyak Baki

Thank you so mich for your Thorough reply. I read reviews of Mutiara villas. I was looking into getting 2 room villa w private pool. Is it somehow needing imaging as some reviews said. Some even said the reception is rude and some cicktisced too? Too bad because the 2 room villa looked really nice and perfect for us.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,298 posts
70 reviews
9. Re: Seminyak Baki

Hello Cherie, if you have more than one account, it's best to use the same one throughout a thread, as it can at times be confusing...

australia
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
10. Re: Seminyak Baki

Hi Cherie, I’m sorry, I think it may have got lost in translation so I don’t understand “imaging”, perhaps renovating?

We have not chosen a villa as we’re only a couple and take a room alongside the pool. And very happy with our room. I’ve read the reviews on an OTA and, for me, the majority have enjoyed Mutiara. For me, I think the breakfast certainly has enough choices and your breakfast will be delivered to your villa. If you felt like a change there are plenty of nearby eateries.

With a smile (and perhaps a “Selamat pagi” - good morning) we’ve never found reception to be rude. It wouldn’t do their business any good if they were rude to the general guest. We have used them for our transfer to the airport.

Good luck wherever you choose to stay.

Reply to: Seminyak Baki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted