We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please, I need advice

Luzern
4 posts
Save Topic
Please, I need advice

My husband and I are going to spend a honeymoon trip on Bali. I could,t decide where is better to stay. Could somebody, please give me an advice.

We would like to spend some time on the beach, so we need a good ocean and good beach. And as I know there are some problems with it on Bali ( high and low tides, dirty water). I think now about spending 1 week on Bali - Sanur beach, Legian beach or Jimbaran and then go for more 1 week to the Lombok.

If somebody could advise me something, I would appreciate it.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sanur Beach
Sanur Beach
6,679 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Jimbaran
Jimbaran
Bali, Indonesia
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please, I need advice

hi Razumnaya,

First, I would like to congratulate both of you! It's an important moment in your life. So you have to choose carefully your accommodation and location.

For Bali, yes there is a problem with high and low tides, some locations yes ... quite dirty sometimes. As you mentioned that you would like (or are thinking) to split your trip into 2 places (Islands), I agree, It's a good idea!

In Bali, I would suggest you Nikko Bali, as they have (just my opinion, no hurt feelings for others pls :) the best beach on Island with white sandy beach and quite deep to swim in even if the low tide is coming. The beach is clean, the hotel staff are cleaning it all the time. The hotel itself very good managed and (I don't know if am I right, are you Russian?) they have Russian guest relation in house.

For Lombok, this Island have a cleaner beach and sea than Bali, but they don't have much quality night-life. This Island (at least people said so :) looks like Bali, but 30 years ago. Even you can visit the 3 Gilies (Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air) for wonderful snorkeling or scuba diving, even you may overnight/ stay there.

At Sanur, the high/ low tides are problematic too, and mostly the beach is public, except few as Bali Hyatt.

If you prefer Sanur, I suggest you villas, you could check on the web the one you like most.

At Legian, the waves are too strong for swimming, not advisable to swim there, good for surfing. But the hotels have a nice atmosphere like The Oberoi, The Legian, The Club, and Samaya.

At Jimbaran, there is a high/ low tide, but not as problematic as in nusa dua or in Tanjung Benoa, I prefer Intercontinental Bali, the Singaraja wing (they just renovated the rooms). Nice and elegant hotel, good service and food.

That is, I guess ... hope this will help you in someway :)

S uvajeniem,

marala

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Gili Trawangan
Gili Trawangan
Gili Islands, Indonesia
Gili Air
Gili Air
Gili Islands, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
The Oberoi Bali
The Oberoi Bali
1,806 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
The Club Villas
The Club Villas
748 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
The Samaya Bali Seminyak
The Samaya Bali Seminyak
1,865 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Jimbaran
Jimbaran
Bali, Indonesia
Tanjung Benoa
Tanjung Benoa
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali...
4,245 Reviews
Jimbaran, Indonesia
Singaraja
Singaraja
Bali, Indonesia
Luzern
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please, I need advice

Thanks a lot, marala,

we are really from Russia, as I can see you are also from Russia?

I'm so glad, that you answered me.My husband and I are living now in Switzerland, because he works here.

Thank you very much for congratulations.I really thought about this two hotels, you advice - Intercontinental Bali on Jimbaran and Nikko. But I found in internet, that Nikko is enough far away from everything, so, I think, we will choose Intercontinental.And could you, please, give me advise also about Lombok. The choice of hotels on Lombok is not very good here in Switzerland unfortunately. So there are only 4: Lombok Novotel on Kuta beach, The Oberoi on Medana beach, Senggigi and Sheraton Senggigi on Senggigi beach. Which one is better?And one more question, could you recommend me how to make a small wedding ceremony? Is it better to make it on Lombok? Is it best of all to order it right in hotel where we will stay?

Zdes' russkie bukvy pohoge ne otobragautsja?:)

Mentioned in this post
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali...
4,245 Reviews
Jimbaran, Indonesia
Jimbaran
Jimbaran
Bali, Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
The Oberoi Bali
The Oberoi Bali
1,806 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Senggigi
Senggigi
Lombok, Indonesia
Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort
Sheraton Senggigi Beach...
2,132 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
Senggigi Beach
Senggigi Beach
521 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please, I need advice

Dear Razumnaya,

We have always stayed in Legian/Seminyak and have grown to love this place so much. The shopping is great and the restaurants are exceptional. You can either have first class hotel or villa, both gorgeous and near the beaches and nightlife.

We, like you, also go to Lombok for a week also, every trip. It's much quieter , like Bali 20 years ago, and it is a nice change, then we go back to Bali for the last 3 nights.

You won't be disappointed!

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please, I need advice

hi Razumnaya,

Nice to know that our roots are same :)

For Lombok, I would be honest with you, personally I love Novotel Coralia for the unique bungalows and clean beach with a very huge diameter of sand (about 1- 2 mm each!). But I have been there 3 years ago, things may change, and I read on this forum that some tourists aren't happy with meal in that hotel :( I don't know. But for your info, this hotel is very far away from every where, nightlife, etc. It's an escape place.... :))

For your description I would recommend you Sheraton Senggigi (for good quality hotel) or The Oberoi (for first class hotel), in each hotel the food is excellent, service good, beach nice, and close to nightlife (but it's not kind of Moscow nightlife :)), it's very country style), money changers, shops.

Be sure to visit 3 Gili Islands, on Lombok: Sendang Gile waterfall, some Balinese ancient temples (Pura Mayura/ Mayura water palace, Pura Lingsar, etc). If you are a nature admirer, this is the right place for you.

пробую писать по Русски, не знаю будет видно или нет :)

probuyu pisat' po russki, ne znayu budet vidno ili net :)

cheers,

marala

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
The Oberoi Bali
The Oberoi Bali
1,806 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
944 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please, I need advice

Dear Razumnaya,

forgot to add, about the wedding ceremony. You may have an international style or Balinese style wedding in Bali, or Lombok style wedding in Lombok. You may ask your travel agent to organize it from Switzerland, so when you arrive everything would be ready and you wont spend your energy, time nerves to organize it by yourself. There are few options, do the wedding ceremony in your hotel, in some restaurant, on yacht, on the elephant, or even in the palace of one of the Balinese Kings.

cheers,

marala

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
Luzern
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please, I need advice

Marala,

спасибо еще раз. Как ни странно, русские буквы читаются.

Сегодня ходила в турагентство, попросила их обсчитать тур и узнать о наличии свободных мест. Выбрала 5 дней на Бали в отеле Интерконтиненталь и остальное время на Ломбоке в отеле как раз Шератон Сенгиги!!! (как вы советуете).

Я написала сообщение на форуме www.balitravelforum.com и мне ответили 2 фирмы с предложением организовать свадебную церемонию. Теперь я просто сравню цены - 2х фирм и нашего турагентства и выберу тот вариант, который нам больше подойдет.

Я так долго выбирала куда поехать, теперь я надеюсь, что выбор сделан и он правильный.

Как замечательно, что есть возможность спросить и главное! получить совет от тех, кто действительно живет в стране, которую собираешься посетить. Как ни странно, на русском форуме путешествий мне вообще никто ничего не ответил:(

Спасибо

Luzern
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please, I need advice

Marala,

еще забыла спросить, что такое Lombok style wedding? В чем специфика? Нигде не читала про это.

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please, I need advice

Добрый день, Разумная!

Извините, за столь долгое молчание. Работы...аврал!

Отличный выбор вы совершили! Я рада за вас! Самое главное, воплотить его :)

Свадьба в Ломбокском стиле отличается от Балийского стиля, так как это 2 разные нации и имеют разные религии.

за любыми другими вопросами и деталями пожалуйста обращайтесь ко мне не стесняясь! Рада помочь.

с уважением,

Марала

9. Re: Please, I need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, September 01, 2009