We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa or the W?

Day
United States
Level Contributor
107 posts
8 reviews
6 helpful votes
Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa or the W?

Which one? Why?

6 replies to this topic
Perth
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
42 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa or the W?

For me it would be SBR as it has a much more Balinese feel. The W feels like something you would find in Florida in my opinion.

I’m sure you will have a great experience at either but if you are travelling that far it might be nice to get something different than what you can easily get at home.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
42 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa or the W?

Hmmm think I might be commenting on the Royal Seminyak Beach Resort. Having not been through The Seminyak I can’t really comment but from the outside it does still seem to have more Balinese appeal than the W which is quite “concrete” in my opinion.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
126 reviews
70 helpful votes
3. Re: Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa or the W?

Why have you chosen those two? I'd go for the Oberoi - sophistication, more traditionally Balinese and a preferred location.

Day
United States
Level Contributor
107 posts
8 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa or the W?

I mainly chose the W because I’m used to it. I’ve stayed at several in different countries and they were consistent. Basically, just going with what I know especially since I have read water can be an issue and I know just in general that food is sometimes an issue when you visit other countries as it relates to stomach issues, but I am definitely open to others.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
21 helpful votes
5. Re: Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa or the W?

Unless you like ultra modern, could-be-anwhere over priced hotels don't stay at the W. Look at more traditional hotels, the Royal Beach is great value and as a previous person said the Oberoi is also great. Both built about the same time and have huge gardens

3 posts
1 review
6. Re: Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa or the W?

has anyone stayed at Villa Lumbung in Bali

Reply to: Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa or the W?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted