We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating, drinking and relaxing

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
26 reviews
eating, drinking and relaxing

we are spending 4 nights in seminyak before heading off to nusa lembongan for 3 nights to snorkel and scooter around the island. We pretty much want to eat, drink and relax. 42 year olds, having a holiday without the kids- love to eat, drink and have a good time, but dont want to be surrounded by 20 year olds the whole time!

Here is my basic itinerary which i plan to change around depending on weather.

Day one: we arrive at about 1pm- go to villa, relax, la plancha for pre dinner drinks and sunset, then i have already booked into mama san for dinner

Day two: sleep in, relax at villa, then thinking of booking into The Amala cooking class for the 11 - 2pm lunch session (any recommendations of other cooking classes?). Then potato head for the rest of the arvo, stay at potato head for sunset and then back to villa for dinner (we have a three course dinner included at our villa)

Day three: Hire a driver through our villa...go to Ullawatu Temple,then to Sundays Beach Club. Has anyone stayed for the bonfires at night at Sundays or would it be better to leave Sundays before sunset and go to Single finn bar or rock bar for drinks? Then was thinking of a stop at a nice place for dinner...suggestions? Maybe in jimbaran bay?

Day four: Not sure??? Maybe shopping? dont want to do too much, maybe some goodies to take home as presents for the kids etc, where would be best to do this? Then we are booked into Barbacoa for dinner this night. Would love to hit up another place for sunset drinks? Maybe Kudeta? suggestions?

Day five: relax in villa then leave for nusa lembongan.

Also, I feel like much of what we are thinking of doing will rely on pretty good weather? Any suggestions of what to do if it is awful weather? Or i guess just an indication of what will absolutely need good weather otherwise don't bother with it?

Ahhhhh....I'm relaxing just thinking of this trip.

Any suggestions will be very well received.

18 years since i have been to bali!!!

CAN NOT WAIT!!!

10 replies to this topic
Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
445 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: eating, drinking and relaxing

You forgot to say when (what month) you will be travelling? e.g good weather.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: eating, drinking and relaxing

sorry, thought i'd nailed it! Hahaha

We go in three weeks. So early april.

thanks

Cunter, Switzerland
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: eating, drinking and relaxing

Hey good luck with that itinerary. Im a 76 model as well but that is some serious dining you have planned.

I tend to lose my appetite in bali with the heat and beer. Buffet breakfasts, corn and nasi seem to keep me going over there.

Enjoy the holiday.

Edited: 3:55 am, March 19, 2018
Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
445 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: eating, drinking and relaxing

Not a problem, from reading your post you sound 'very' excited! & i'm sure you will have a great time.

I've not travelled in April but i guess it's similar to March in that it will be hot/humid with occasional rain e.g overnight, in the morning (breakfast time) and it may rain during the day, afternoon, evening, but that's a 'may' so worry about it if/when.

I'm sorry i can't help you with your post re dining etc but other members will.

Shopping, from Seminyak you can walk along Jl Basangkasa/Jl Seminyak to Legian, turn down Jl Double Six (usually a quiet street) or continue along Jl Legian & turn at Jl Melasti (traffic light intersection)

There are shops selling clothing/beach wear etc, dresses, tops, singlet tops, board shorts, t/shirts, soccer shirts, hats, bags, sunnies etc & also Legian Art market (individual stalls/sellers) souvenirs, silver jewellery etc.

From Jl Melasti if you were continue walking south Jl Legian will bring you to Kuta (Bemo Corner).

You will also find shops on Eat street/Seminyak, Jl Braban, Jl Petitenget etc.

Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: eating, drinking and relaxing

If you end up having dinner around Jimbaran I’d highly recommend Cuca, was amazing! Great choices with your other dinners too...

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: eating, drinking and relaxing

just looked up Cuca....wow...looks like our sort of place. Putting it on the list. We are definitely not getting away under at least 5 kgs for this holiday!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: eating, drinking and relaxing

thanks so much for the shopping advice. will save and follow this route. sounds like great options for the kids stuff. thanks

Perth WA
Level Contributor
474 posts
49 reviews
8. Re: eating, drinking and relaxing

If you are staying in Seminyak and have 4/5 days, with all the beautiful Seminyak restaurants and the desire to chill and relax, I wouldnt be travelling to Jimbaran for dinner. Traffic will be ridiculous. Maybe save that restaurant for another time when you either have more time or choose to stay in that area.

Dont want to be a debbie downer, but traffic can really take the shine off a great dinner!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
860 posts
137 reviews
9. Re: eating, drinking and relaxing

If you're into French food ,try Sip wine bar very close to Bintang supermarket. My wife is French and reckons its better than anything inMelbourne and most of France ! The wine is reasonably priced given the exorbitant taxes as well.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
119 reviews
10. Re: eating, drinking and relaxing

Can certainly vouch for Cuca and Sip and the Sundari beach restaurant at the 4 Seasons at Jimbaran is a great place for lunch.

The traffic situation certainly needs to be considered.

Reply to: eating, drinking and relaxing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted