We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interactive Map of Seminyak

Tijucas do Sul, PR
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Interactive Map of Seminyak

Hi Forumites,

I have located a satellite image based map of Seminyak - well for Bali if you want to navigate about - I will post the web address in the hope that you all may enter the landmarks and properties that you recognise as the current maps and descriptions of distances between places are some-what vague and possibly misleading.

I hope that this will be a great tool to help others in trip planning.

The address for the map is-

wikimapia.org/…2

Regards,

Scott

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Interactive Map of Seminyak

Hey Scotty

Just had a play with that map, I really liked it. When I go to Ubud in April I will enter all my favourite spots.

Great for planning a trip, wish it was more detailed like right now.

Cheers

Sydney
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Interactive Map of Seminyak

Hi Scotty,

This is just brilliant - could spend hours on this map. Any idea how current it is?

Tijucas do Sul, PR
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interactive Map of Seminyak

Hi,

I have been looking closely at the map for a few weeks now and I seen a few additions, Brown Sugar Restaurant owned by John is and example of just one I have noticed that has been added.

Please register and add all the places (and roads) you can identify as everyone will benefit from your input.

Have fun.

PS. If you can find Ulin's Villas for me I will be eternally in your cyberdebt.

Regards,

Scott

Sydney
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Interactive Map of Seminyak

Hi Scotty,

I have had a close look at this map, and even though some of the additions are new, I don't think the satellite map itself is very current. Still shows rice paddies where there are now villas. I noticed Sekar Taman II has been added, between Sofitel and Oberoi, and while the location is correct, it doesn't show villas on the map but what look like an older building and lots of trees. Ulin Villas is (I think) amongst quite a few other new villas and none of these are shown on the map. I think the street could be correct, just near Rumours, but there are now lots of new villas all the way along that street.

But I am hooked, and will keep watching with interest to see what else gets added. I am going to Bali in about 9 days so I will check out the exact location of Ulin in relation to Rumous and add it to the map for you.

Tijucas do Sul, PR
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interactive Map of Seminyak

Hi Seminyakisme,

Yes, the image is a little dated, but I agree with you about being hooked.

I Really appreciate your offer to scout out the Villas location - I am booked in there over xmas and new year so I would like to know what you think.

I hope you enjoy your trip and if you get a chance to go Brown Sugar for a meal I doubt you will regret it - John is a wonderful host. I have watched him grow from a bemo driver to a leather shop owner to finally a restaurateur all without getting any better looking! (LOL)

I hope you are able to add your recognizable and favorite locations to the map.

Regards,

Scott

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interactive Map of Seminyak

What a great site, I can't move away form the computer !!

Would any of you know where I could find Villa Sitara Padi in Umalas? I would also love to hear any feedback on the place if anyone is familiar with it.

Planning to stay there in December, 18 of us in one big family.

Thanks,

NiceView

Sydney
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Interactive Map of Seminyak

Hi Scotty LJ,

Coming to you live from Bali!!

Staying at Villa Kipas and having a fab time. Drove past Ulin Villas yesterday. Look beautiful from outside, but they are quite a way from the beach. Possibly 20 minute walk along busy Jalan Laksmana (behind Ultimo Restaurant if you know that one) up to Ku De Ta and then down the lane beside KuDeTa. I think that would be the fastest. At Kipas where we are staying, we can walk barefoot from the villa, down a laneway directly beside us, onto the beach. Still haven't got to Brown Sugar, but hopefully later this week. Off to do Elephant Safari now.

Tijucas do Sul, PR
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interactive Map of Seminyak

Thanks so much for the feedback, I have now got a good idea of where the property is.

Very envious of you at present, have a great time and enjoy John's company (and food) at Brown Sugar.

Please add your favourite locations to the map when you get a chance.

Have a great time.

Scott.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Interactive Map of Seminyak

It looks like a Google earth map, so it is probably a number of years old.

MH

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Interactive Map of Seminyak

AMAZING map!! But seminyakisme is right....many places arent mentioned, for example, the new Anantara in front of the Sofitel's south wing.

Speaking of which, which is the place on Jl. Dhyana Pura (Abimanyu) to the right of the Sofitel's entrance and opposite Hotel Dhyana Pura? (is it Puri Cendana?).

And the little place with the pool near the beach, between Hotel Dhyana Pura and the Pelangi?

Please help....and maybe someone who knows the area well should go ahead and update this map!!