We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD per night

Byron Bay, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD per night

Looking for the best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD (Jan 2018 holiday)

When I say best I mean: clean, safe and good service ... ideally on the beach

Background info: My partner and I are going to Bali for the first time, we live in Australia. I've been searching for hours and finding it difficult to choose one.

I'm nervous about getting sick - I think that's why I am having trouble selecting a hotel.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations

7 replies to this topic
fairhaven
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD per night

Hi Byrontravelangel. Not sure if it's in your price range but we really like staying at Puri Saron. It's right on the beach, good rooms, yummy breakfast , lovely pool with swim up bar and great staff. Just a few steps and you are on the beach with all the bean bag bars, lots of fun. Also have stayed at The Pelangi which is just up the path. It's not on the beach but Breezes is great as well. Also look at Kutaville, it's in Seminar not on the beach but a few minutes walk, really great little spot close to restaurants and shops and cheap. Don't be nervous about getting sick. My son got so sick ,and it was at a really lovely restaurant. We have stayed at lots of off the beaten track kind of places, where there are no other options to eat and I've nearly died when I've seen the look of their kitchens, but never been sick it doesn't mean they don't cook well. As long as you do all the right things,, drink bottled water etc. We have found now, that about 6 weeks before we travel, we start taking pro biotic,

multi vitamins and vitamin c. None of us have been sick for years. Have fun.x

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4,574 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD per night

M gallery seminyak is Good and right on the beach and within your price range

The Haven is a little bit cheaper but it is not on the beach, they provide shuttle to the beach though

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD per night

MGallery is usually closer to 300 a night. Puri Saron is not a bad suggestion.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,706 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD per night

I don't think you need to worry so much about the hotel causing you sickness - germs can be picked up absolutely anywhere. Money is a huge hazard.

Your budget doesn't really allow beachfront so you might find you get best value from places like Mutiari and Kutaville.

Byron Bay, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD per night

Thank you very much for all your suggestions ☺️

Buderim QLD...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD per night

We just got home and stayed our last 4 nights at Vila Lumbung Hotel which was very reasonable and we really couldn't fault the hotel and service. It is traditional Balinese in appearance and we stayed in a high ceiling villa which was perfect. Beautiful pool too. It is a great haven from the crazy Bali traffic but close to salons for massages, cafes etc and Eat Street. If you need a driver Hendry (Made Purna) was fantastic. His excellent English and sense of humour made our drives interesting and fun +62 81 2398 6884 aditwijaya72@yahoo.com Otherwise for small trips use a Bluebird taxi the genuine ones have a larger bird in their logo and use a meter which usually works out cheaper. Have a great holiday!

Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD per night

Hi

What was the atmosphere like there? We are hoping to be able to have some social drinks at the pool during the day and meet a few people. Not looking for somewhere too quiet. We're going over new years eve period. Also was the breakfast ok? Thanks

Reply to: Best resort in Seminyak for $100-$150AUD per night
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted