We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with location/map for Hout Bay

Which Hout Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis. MN
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Help with location/map for Hout Bay

We're considering a guest house near the marina/wharf/beach on Albert Rd in Hout Bay. Does anyone know where that is in proximity to Penzance Estates? Specificlly Oudtshoorn Rd?

Thanks for any help you can give!

cape town, sa
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with location/map for Hout Bay

There are two ways to get to the marina. unfortunatly i dont know where the place is that you are near to but i thought that i would give you directions none the less. The 1st is to travel along the coastal road out of town into hout bay. you will pass suikerbossie on the left. carry on straight down a hill and you will reach a traffic intersection. carry on straight through town and you will reach the marina. The other way is travelling from constantia nek down into hout bay. you will reach a traffic circle carry on straight. at the next traffic circle turn left. you will get to a stop street. turn left and carry on with the road and you reach the marina.

Hout Bay Cape Town
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with location/map for Hout Bay

Hello Smallcat

Albert Road is in an area known as Northshore and the guest house you were considering was probably the one about a 2minute walk to the beach from Albert Road.

Penzance is on the mountainside about 3 km from Albert Road. Van Oudtshoorn drive is only about a 20minute walk.

There are several other guesthouses easily available from those in the know

Matt Mercer

Get answers to your questions about Hout Bay