We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild Card Purchase from UK

Nairn, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Wild Card Purchase from UK

We are travelling to the Kgalagadi Park (South African side) in August and thought I would try to purchase the wild card in advance? is this a good idea or should we just wait until we arrive at the first gate?

man of kent
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wild Card Purchase from UK

Thanks guys we will buy ours at the gate on Sunday16th March only 3 more weeks to go YIPPEE!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wild Card Purchase from UK

Hope this is NOT a dumb question - But what is a Wild card .................. ?

Never heard of it.

Booked to visit KTP in Oct 2014, so interested !

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wild Card Purchase from UK

Also be aware that it common for people to NOT get their card in the mail at all. We have twice never received one, yet (sometimes!) receive our Wild! magazine and the Wildcard blog emails. ?? If you are unlucky and do not receive your card that you have paid for in advance online, make sure you print out the receipt and confirmation and take it with you and this is sufficient for proof of purchase/entry.

Cornwall England
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wild Card Purchase from UK

Safariholic. If you stay in the parks for more than around 5 nights it saves you money as it covers the daily park fees at a reduced rate. Depends how long you are spending in the national parks. Look on the Sanparks website and there is a link to it giving all the information. We have ours for September, it came within a month of me ordering it and paying online. Very efficient service. C

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wild Card Purchase from UK

My wildcard runs out in the middle of trip to Kruger. I am given to understand I can renew in the park ( or at the gate?). Is this correct?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
864 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Wild Card Purchase from UK

On SAN parks website states renewal information can be entered on card when next accessing their parks so presume will take payment then. you could always e mail them if in doubt.

Nairn, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Wild Card Purchase from UK

I agree try hard. After 2 months we had still not received our cards. Fortunately our friends in Pretoria collected them from the SANParks office so avoided any delays in the post etc.

18. Re: Wild Card Purchase from UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 27, 2015