We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking with SanParks - What happened next!!

Cornwall England
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Booking with SanParks - What happened next!!

In case anyone is interested here is what happened to me this morning. It was a nightmare.

Booking for Kgalagadi September 2014. Phoned just before 7.30 SA time, 6.30 UK time. Saw the availability online at 7.15am SA time, on some days the wilderness camps were already booked??? how was that? who got in before the official opening time?

Held on for 45mins and watched as all the wilderness camps except for Khalari Tented Camp got booked before my eyes. By the time I got through Urikaruss was gone. I had to change our itinerary drastically to get anything like what we wanted but needed to put more nights in at KTC just to make the journey around the park work.

Ended up with:-

KTC 1 night

Kieliekrankie 2 nights

KTC 3 nights

Gharagab 3 nights

Grootkolk 1 night

Bitterpan 2 nights

Will have to wait now and see if over the months Urikaruus becomes available.

Also booked Augrabies, no problem and Kruger, Byamiti bushveld was the problem there.

Well I was shocked and the lady doing the booking kept saying "Hurry up Mam and make your mind up as its going fast!!!" Plan B, Plan C forget it, just grab what you can. Still at least we are GOING Only 11 months to wait. Pen

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Booking with SanParks - What happened next!!

Wow Charlie, what a mess. Our agent, last year, got on phone at the crack of dawn. Grootkolk had gone, we had to take Bitterpan instead. There appears to be block booking going on. Anyway you will love it. Still a great trip with fantastic destinations.

Edited: 5:46 pm, October 11, 2013
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Booking with SanParks - What happened next!!

Oh yes Kalahari TC is fantastic, one of the great underrated places in Africa, A complete bargain. It will be worth the effort you made to book it.

Cornwall England
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Booking with SanParks - What happened next!!

Do keep in touch C

14. Re: Booking with SanParks - What happened next!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 13, 2014