We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeffreys Bay for family: African Perfection, Beach House?

Which Jeffreys Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
637 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jeffreys Bay for family: African Perfection, Beach House?

Hello:

We're a husband, wife and 2 daughters who will be 10 and 13 when we come to South Africa next June. After 11 nights of safari, we plan to spend 3 nights at Jeffreys Bay for my husband who is looking forward to surfing there. Ideally we'd like to be right on the beach or very close so he can easily check out the surf :) I've contacted Beach House, which looks very nice. They have available two separate rooms for us in a house that has 3 rooms. One room would suit the girls as it has 2 twin beds, and the other would work for us. Only concern is there's another bedroom in between our two with a honeymooning couple. Our girls aren't used to staying in a room by themselves in a house with others in it. While I think they may be delighted by the idea, they are not perfect angels 100% of the time and I'm worried they could argue or have too much fun in the room without us, either way disturbing the couple! So I'm unsure of this.

I've also contacted African Perfection, which looks beautiful to me, but so far no reply. It seems to me I tried contacting them a few days ago too and didn't get a reply then either. Has anyone stayed with them recently - are they hard to reach?

I've looked at Supertubes too but seems like mixed reviews, not sure about them.

Any one have ideas on these places or another? I don't want to end up in some kind of party house with a lot of rowdy young surfers, but I'm ok with being in our own self-catering house or unit, a nice B&B or whatever works for the 4 of us so long as we're close to the beach and it's nice.

1 reply
Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
637 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeffreys Bay for family: African Perfection, Beach House?

no replies here I see, but I am making progress so I'll mention it in case anyone else is interested - my &Beyond agent, who's helping me with the whole trip, called African Perfection for me since she lives in S. Africa. She said the woman she reached sounded lovely and was concerned and surprised that she hadn't received my attempt to contact her, so I'm to email her directly and copy my agent who will follow up to make sure it was received. Could just have been technical glitch! Still interested to hear if anyone has any other input though. Thanks.

Reply to: Jeffreys Bay for family: African Perfection, Beach House?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jeffreys Bay
More Jeffreys Bay Topics