We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Addo in the afternoon

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Addo in the afternoon

Is it worth coming to Addo in the afternoon?

I have a toddler and we will be leaving from Stormsriver on Saturday after breakfast and heading towards Addo. If we plan to leave around 10 am coming to Addo around noon, would we still be able to self drive the park that afternoon and stay that night close to Addo?

Or should I skip Addo?

I leave from PLZ Sunday morning.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,513 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Addo in the afternoon

To make it worthwhile, I would stay in Addo and not outside. Although with a toddler, you can't go on a nightdrive.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
737 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Addo in the afternoon

THe drive from storms river is a little over 2 hours. You can enter at the south gate in Colchester and work your way up. Stay at the main camp, that way you can start early next morning and still drive around that area.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Addo in the afternoon

It can be done. Even if you enter at the main camp around noon, and spend the afternoon driving yourself around, you will still get to see a lot of animals in one afternoon. You can then exit at gate closing time and overnight outside Addo if you wish, to ensure you can reach PE in time for your flight on Sunday morning. If your flight is not too early you can also overnight in Addo on Saturday night, at the main camp.

Try not to leave Stormsriver any later than 10 am. The earlier, the better. I would try leaving at 9 am if possible, try and get there before noon, because the time it takes to get in and maybe have some lunch will mean you still only start your afternoon game drive at 1pm. Then stick to the game rich northern section of the main area in Addo.

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

4. Re: Addo in the afternoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 09, 2018