We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

Which Wildwood Crest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
57 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

Hi,

My husband and I are thinking of going to Wildwood Crest next summer for a 3 night stay with our 2 teenage boys who will be 19 and 14. I saw some hotels on the web that looked really nice but one can never tell how a place is from a picture. My main concern about the hotel that it be VERY clean and where the a/c in the room works very well. Also, I don't want to be right near the boardwalk. Here are the hotels that I picked out:

Port Royal

Reges Resort

Pier 6600

Water's Edge

Monterey Resort

Nassau Inn

Royal Hawaiian

Bristol Plaza

El Coronado

Adventurer Inn

Out of all those which would be the best choice.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandi

Granby, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

Hi Sandy149

I just came back from the Adventurer Inn in Wildwood Crest and i can tell you that was the perfect place. Beach front , step to the boardwalk really clean, beautifull pool and a restaurant for breakfast and lunch.

It was my second stay at the Adventurer Inn and i will be back next year.

best pizza Mack on the boardwalk and go try Ocean View Grill on the boardwalk really different from thre usual junkfood on the boardwalk.

Good luck,

Eric

Orange County, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

I have been to the Reges and it is very, very nice but a little pricey. It's super clean and every room has an ocean front view. We sat on our balcony every morning and watched the dolphins.

Don't give a second thought to the Royal Hawaiian. It's a dump.

Levittown, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

We stayed at the Reges in August. It was our first time there and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We usually stay in North Wildwood a few blocks from the beginning of the Boardwalk but we decided to try Wildwood Crest. The hotel is at the end of Wildwood Crest. In order to get to the Boardwalk you need to drive or take the trolley. We took the car to the parking area by the Convention center, parked for $5 and walked the boardwalk from there. On the way back you can take the tram car to that particular boardwalk area and go to your car.

As for the hotel, it was very clean and the staff is very accomodating. Every room has a private balcony and all rooms face the ocean. The beach is right there and the pool is very nice. If you don't mind being a little further away from the action, then I would recommend the Reges. Request a high floor and a newly renovated room. We were in a type B room on the top floor and the a/c worked great. I hope this info helped!

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
189 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

I still say the Port Royal is the best place in Wildwood Crest but probably the most pricey also.

Try the Nassau Inn or Bristol Plaza. Both seem clean from the outside and are a short walk to the boardwalk.

The Adventurer is right at the beginning of the boardwalk. Always seems noisy around that area.

The El Coronado and Reges are about 1 mile south of the Nassau Inn and Bristol Plaza. A hike for your sons if they want to walk to the boardwalk.

The only place on your list I would really stay away from is the Pier 6600.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

I recommend the Attache. It's in Wildwood Crest but is only 3 blocks to the south end of the boardwalk. It's on the beach at Heather Rd. My family and I have been going for years...it's clean, simple and nice.

north jersey
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

We always stay at the Singapore, We've has 15 to 20 rooms at a time and have never had a problem. Its right on the beach. It is a shore hotel its is aliitle run down although every year we go there are always improvements. But I don't think that you'll find a cleaner hotel. The owners are obessed with cleaning. One time I had to open my door for awhile, because of the smell of bleach. We also looked into the Paradise Inn which is very nice. However the heated pool at the Singapore is open ALL night. Other hotels pools are closed by 6:00.

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

Don't take any chances. Pick the Port Royal in Wildwood Crest. Right on the beach, family-oriented (quiet), and clean, clean, clean.

We've been going there for years. Read the reviews.

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

We have been staying in the American Safari motel on Ocean Ave for the past four years. Really clean and quiet. The rooms are very nice. Price is very reasonable. The beach is across the street and the beginning of the boardwalk (the quiet area) is only two blocks away. MY sister in law stayed in Pier 6600 it is nice but very far away. The boardwalk is abou 15 mins. away, walking. You would need to use your car and look for parking. Very family oriented is the American Safari.

jenstina
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

Sandi,

I would definitely NOT stay at El Coronado.

I went to look at a place to buy and the place is disgusting and the people there were rude. I would not sleep on the mattress with 10 sheets covering it!! I would have bought it except I can't change the furniture, etc. to make it better. The furniture is run down. The outside of the place is nice but not the inside.

Before I bought a place at Seapointe Village (http://www.seapointevillagevacationrentals.com ) we always stayed at the Reges. Very nice even before they upgraded the place. All rooms are oceanfront.

Pier 6600 is right next to Seapointe. Wouldn't stay there next year for two reasons. Right next to it "The Grand" is being rebuilt so it will be noisy with all the banging. They are just starting to tear it down now. It also seems to be a roudy place.

The Reges is only 3 buildings away from "The Grand" but I'd bet it will be ok there.

I can't tell you about any others. If you are not going during the prime season, I'd stay at seapointe. Check out the website I listed above. YOu'd never stay anywhere else in wildwood again. They are private condos/townhomes.

Fran

jenstina
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Need advice on hotels in Wildwood Crest please

Sandi,

I would definitely NOT stay at El Coronado.

I went to look at a place to buy and the place is disgusting and the people there were rude. I would not sleep on the mattress with 10 sheets covering it!! I would have bought it except I can't change the furniture, etc. to make it better. The furniture is run down. The outside of the place is nice but not the inside.

Before I bought a place at Seapointe Village (http://www.seapointevillagevacationrentals.com ) we always stayed at the Reges. Very nice even before they upgraded the place. All rooms are oceanfront.

Pier 6600 is right next to Seapointe. Wouldn't stay there next year for two reasons. Right next to it "The Grand" is being rebuilt so it will be noisy with all the banging. They are just starting to tear it down now. It also seems to be a roudy place.

The Reges is only 3 buildings away from "The Grand" but I'd bet it will be ok there.

I can't tell you about any others. If you are not going during the prime season, I'd stay at seapointe. Check out the website I listed above. YOu'd never stay anywhere else in wildwood again. They are private condos/townhomes.

Fran

Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest