We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timers

altoona.pa
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
First Timers

Hello, we are coming to Wildwood Crest this Friday and we are wondering what are some must do's and must dont's.We have never been to Wildwood before and are a little nervous.We always do Ocean City Maryland.Our son is 13 and does NOT do any rides so no parks. Thanks somuch for your help,Angelina Mast

Mentioned in this post
Wildwood Crest
Wildwood Crest
Cape May County, NJ
Wildwood
Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland
Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timers

Some things to do just outside WW is the Cape May County Zoo, which is pretty big and just off the boards (free admission) as well as the Cape May Lighthouse which you could climb to the top. Even if he dont like rides, I would still check out the boardwalk since your there, I cant imagine any kid not liking it. Theres also sightseeing and dolphin cruises in both WW and Cape May as well as lots of mini-golf scattered about. Typical shore stuff-the same kind of things you'd find in OC MD. The beach in WW is free as well.

Mentioned in this post
Cape May County
Cape May County
Jersey Shore, NJ
Cape May Lighthouse
Cape May Lighthouse
1,751 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
Cape May
Cape May
Cape May County, NJ
Binghamton, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timers

I was just reading about the Wetlands Institute, which he may enjoy. Trying to find things my granddaughters would enjoy when we come down in August, so I happened to find that. We also plan on getting to Cape May County Zoo, as we didn't make it there last time we were in the area.

We will be hitting the boardwalk in Wildwood, as well as Atlantic City's boardwalk (there's a cool little mall on the pier in AC which has mostly expensive, upscale stores, but there's an area with a deck to get out and overlook the ocean, as well as a neat candy store). My granddaughters also enjoy hitting The Rainforest Cafe--a bit expensive, but there's a nice gift shop and huge fish tank that you walk under.

Mentioned in this post
The Wetlands Institute
The Wetlands Institute
131 Reviews
Stone Harbor, NJ
Cape May County
Cape May County
Jersey Shore, NJ
Wildwood
Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
3. Re: First Timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest