We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to book early?

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
22 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Need to book early?

We are meeting our daughter and son-in-law in the Wildwood Crest area the week of August 30 (the week before Labor Day) I normally wait until a month or 2 before a trip to book rooms. After reading these boards I'm wondering if the rooms book early. We are wanting a 2br/2bath suite with king/queen beds. Two hotel rooms will work. We want to stay in a more quiet area on the ocean. We are considering the Adventurer Oceanfront Inn. Also, my son-in-law wants to do some surf fishing. This is our first trip to the area. Any suggestions are appreciated.

North Wildwood
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to book early?

If I found what I wanted, in the location you want, I would go ahead and book it now. A month or two out you may be left with less than stellar accommodations or locations. However that's a slower week with less families, since school activities can make it difficult for parents to get away. But it does lead up to Labor Day weekend, so they may book extended weekends, so the best could be gone.

The Adventurer is a great location, right off the boardwalk and on the beach. If you don't require beach front you could also consider a private 2 bedroom rental.

Here's a link to some fishing info thejerseycape.com/Fishing/fishing_surf_fishi…

Enjoy!

Syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to book early?

If you want quiet, the Adventurer will not be your best bet. It is closest to the boardwalk and from what I see, looks like it can get pretty rowdy.

I'd move down a few blocks away from the boardwalk, to say maybe the Olympic, Ocean Holiday or Port Royal (depending on how much you want to pay).

I would definately book soon. Word has it, rooms are filling up quick because of the economy, so folks are tending to stay closer to home. Most of these places should have a full refund within 2 weeks of your stay if you have to cancel.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Suffern, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to book early?

i stayed at the adventurer last year and i had no problem with the location or the noise, it was surprisingly peaceful, id go with that one

4. Re: Need to book early?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, November 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest