We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildwodd NJ or Ocean City MD???

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
352 posts
31 reviews
Wildwodd NJ or Ocean City MD???

Looking for points of view! Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
NJ
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Wildwodd NJ or Ocean City MD???

Depends on what you want - wildwood more honky tonk beach sand way too fine for my liking- have to go out REALLY far to get water up to your waist. Ocean City less wild.

Jon
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Key West, Avalon
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
224 reviews
2. Re: Wildwodd NJ or Ocean City MD???

The Wildwoods have a trashy/honkytonk feel to them.

Myerstown...
Level Contributor
422 posts
400 reviews
3. Re: Wildwodd NJ or Ocean City MD???

I’ll take wildwood crest over ocmd! If you asked the same question on the ocean city forum you will get a different answer.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: Wildwodd NJ or Ocean City MD???

I agree. I love Wildwood Crest. Incredibly quiet, great beach. Definitely NOT honky tonk as it is a dry town.

Each part of The Wildwoods has a different flavor and feel. Wildwood Crest is all about the beach. Nothing but the beach. North Wildwood, plenty of pubs, Wildwood (city) the boardwalk, putt-putt, Wawa, Acme. Beach, Boardwalk and business.

I do not like OCMD at all. Now that I feel is honky tonk lol!

As already noted, everyone has their own opinion.

Quakertown...
1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: Wildwodd NJ or Ocean City MD???

You can not lump "the Wildwood" together. They are (3) different towns with (3) different feels. North Wildwood has a lot of fun bars and real nice beaches. Wildwood itself is a little run down but rebuilding. We owned a house here for 11 years, but didnt see enough progress. The Boardwalk is still a lot of fun but we take the kids up there at the right times. Wildwood Crest is a completely different animal. Clean, Dry, beautiful beaches, and QUIET. Great family town.

In terms of these three or OCMD, it would depend as we also go to OCMD every year. I would rank them:

1) Wildwood Crest

2) North Wildwood/OCMD - even split

3) Wildwood

The beauty of the crest is that you have the boardwalk a few miles away but still have the beauty and quiet of the area.

Northampton, PA
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
6. Re: Wildwodd NJ or Ocean City MD???

I have been to both but am more familiar with ocmd. Ocmd is also three separate towns. It's 10 miles from north oc to the inlet. North oc is akin to crest, quite and nothing much but the beach. Midtown is more like north wildwood - more restaurants and bars. The boardwalk compares to wildwood, put puts and more of a party atmosphere. More kids, etc. You can find what you want in both towns.

Reply to: Wildwodd NJ or Ocean City MD???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest