We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

Lodi, New Jersey
5 posts
Save Topic
Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

I'm asking about The Singapore, which hasn't had a great reputation in recent times, and is currently for sale. It is a very unique motel that I really believe has the potential to be a great place again if done right by, and is owned/run by someone who cares about it and its guests.

NJ (of course!)
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

Martin, I would give it a try. As long as I saw something on curb appeal. If u want to email me: abercromboi2@aol.com

NJ (of course!)
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

Martin, I would give it a try. As long as I saw something on curb appeal. If u want to email me: abercromboi2@aol.com

3. Re: Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:58 am, April 14, 2005
Lodi, New Jersey
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

Hello,

What is "curb appeal"?

Thanks,

Martin

north jersey
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

martin we have been going to the singapore since we were kids now we bring our own. It is very clean but the outside does need to be updated. Someone told us it was up for sale and we were told by management (we've gotten to know over the years) that they were deciding what to do, sell or remodel. They told us they were remodeling. The view is great and the pool is probably the biggest and heated in the crest. I say book it and have a great time.

NJ (of course!)
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

Martin, it is the basic gut feeling about the place as you stand on the curb out front...Does it look well maintained? Are there hoodlums hanging around out front? Stuff like that.

Wildwood Crest, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

Why would you want to risk ruining your vacation when there are so many others out there with good reviews? Go with one of the top rated motels and be sure.

Pocono Mt., PA
Level Contributor
12 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

Martin, if you have the means to buy that place, do it. It DID have curb appeal years ago, but needs work. We were just down there. My husband and I had our first official "vacation" there back in 1993 (it was a weekend package deal) when we were first married -- and broke! -- and I was really sad to see the old girl lookin' so shabby.

If I heard the place was under new management and if the website reflected that, I'd be there in a heartbeat. It's on the beach and is one of the few remaining "quirky" type motels that hasn't fallen to the wrecking ball in favor of those blasted condos.

That's one of the really cool places with lots of potential.

Lodi, New Jersey
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would you stay at a motel that currently has a poor...

Martin I had stayed there once several years ago and found the worst service ever - the rooms were anything but clean and the air-conditoning was broken (them moved us 3 times - but all 3 were broken). I think it has a great location - it needs much help inside and out - and of course the biggest repair would be getting people to trust and come back after years of neglect to the structure itself as well as to the customers...getting the word out that it's under new ownership/management would be the most important thing you would need I suspect. It's funny how that hotel has the worse reputation on the Crest - or in the Wildwoods period...that didn't happen by any other means than bad accomodations and bad service - rebuilding that trust will be a bigger obstacle than the renovation of the building itself - but I wish you much luck and I would LOVE to see that place get bought and turned around. I love the Crest and have been going there for my entire life ....and the Singapore and it's staff is a discredit to such a great place such as Wildwood Crest.

Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest