We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icona vs. Pan American Hotel va. Port Royal

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Icona vs. Pan American Hotel va. Port Royal

Planning a trip to the Crest in early-to-mid September. Narrowing down to Icona and Pan American and just found Port Royal to make me more confused. ;) Looking for a more quiet beach area - perhaps not an issue in September? Many moons ago when I was a kid I used to stay at the Nomad Motel which is now gone. But I remember the beach area over there was beautiful and more quiet.

Any thoughts from prior guests would be appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Icona vs. Pan American Hotel va. Port Royal

Although the requests is different, a thread this past spring had some information:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g46932…

I don't remember the Nomad-where in the Crest was it?

The quietest of the beach areas most likely will be in Diamond Beach, where Icona is located, as it is a private beach. But, I don't think you will have much of an issue with crowds at any of the hotels. Everything quiets greatly after the start of September.

Also, are you planning g on swimming in the ocean, or just sitting on the beach? Crest beaches will not be protected with lifeguards in September for swimming. Not sure about Diamond Beach though, as it is a private area.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Icona vs. Pan American Hotel va. Port Royal

The Nomad was on Ocean & Myrtle for those nostalgia buffs out there! We do swim in the ocean and heard some parts of the beach are more busy with surfers and day visitors. Do you know if certain parts of the ocean are better for swimming, with sandbars and less of deep dip as you enter in the water? As for hotel, looking for a more modern & updated property which Pan American and Icona seem to be, but mostly prefer a beach area with less people. Any further comments would be great!

Reply to: Icona vs. Pan American Hotel va. Port Royal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest