We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

doo wop hotels

Which Wildwood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Commack, New York
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
doo wop hotels

Can anyone recommend a good, fairly priced hotel that has rooms decorated from the 50s for doo wop weekend in October? Thinging about treating parents, and have no idea where to book

Mt.Cobb PA
Level Contributor
27 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: doo wop hotels

The most "authentic" would be the Caribbean in Wildwood Crest for interior and exterior decor. It is a restored piece that opened in 1957. Also in the Crest is the Bel Air, just down the road from the Caribbean. Exterior is original. I wouldn't say interior is "typical" fifties, but is comfortable. I stayed here back in 2011. The owner is a very decent guy. Closer to Convention Hall (where some of the "activities" for the weekend take place is the Starlux. This is a renovated motel done up in a 50's theme, owned by the Morey family that runs the amusement piers on the boardwalk in Wildwood. There are others that have tried to keep the original exteriors (some from the early 60's), but interiors are modern. Now for fairly priced. Check the websites. Some have a "special" for the weekend, but usually even late in the season, some of the "deals" aren't so great. This is your decision as to what is reasonable. If you need more info, I'd be more than happy to offer you more input. Hate to say it but have been going to WW for almost 25 years now, and almost 10 years in the 60's and 70's with the parents.

2. Re: doo wop hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 16, 2014