We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Wildwood in 2 weeks, Need someadvice...

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Wildwood in 2 weeks, Need someadvice...

Hello,

I am going to Wildwood in two weeks and I need some advice Like:

Were to eat

What beaches are better Wildwood, Wildwood Crest, or North Wildwood

What stores to spend mney at

Where to get old time photos done

Where to play glow in the dark mini-golf.

Thanks!

hanover, pa
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Wildwood in 2 weeks, Need someadvice...

there are so many suggestions to your questions. these are mine.

1. where to eat? we eat at the hot spot. the 1 on the beach side the boardwalk close to where you can pick up the beach taxi. some will say macks pizza others say sams. the rusty rudder has an all u can eat buffet for breakfast and dinner. we ate there this year for dinner-was ok but then again it was hot and who wants to eat when its hot

2. beaches? wildwood is big and spread out, at the end of north wildwood/hereford inlet there is a small beach. kind of quiet. you can walk on the sidewalk and also watch people fish. some look for hermit crabs. you have to pay to park.

3. stores? if you go on the boardwalk there are alot. if you plan on buying tshirts etc, dont just buy from the 1st store. shop around/make deals with the salesperson. if you have young teenage girls, b careful in the tshirt shops, the sales guys will make them feel "special" and try to get them to buy everything under the sun. there are a few $1 stores on the boards that have some suveniors which are nice. the boardwalk mall on the boards has a few quite shops too.

4. old time photos? there is a few. 1 in the boardwalk mall and 1 that i know of on the beach side the boardwalk close to the hot spot restaurant that i mentioned earlier. look in the coupon books, they have discounts in them. you can get a coupon book at the visitors center on the boards or maybe at your motel or even online www.wildwoodsnj.com

5.mini golf? the only 1 i no of is on the boards by the snow white restaurant which is called dragon lair. its upstairs. didnt get a chance to play or check it out. there is a coupon on www.gwcoc.com (wildwood chamber of commerce website)

hope this helps. im sure others have their opin tooo. have a great trip!!!!1

Allentown...
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Wildwood in 2 weeks, Need someadvice...

Another fun place to eat is the Stewards Rootbeer stand on the boardwalk. I highly recomend a Cheeseburger with the works washed down with a rootbeer float!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
10 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Wildwood in 2 weeks, Need someadvice...

We enjoy dinner at Urie's off Rio Grande Avenue. You can eat outside under a covered porch right on the water and watch the boats coming in. They specialize in seafood. For pizza my family votes for Sam's, no question there. All the other things are on the boardwalk. Have fun!

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Wildwood in 2 weeks, Need someadvice...

I just got back from Wildwood. There are many places to eat. In your hotel you will have a bunch of brochures. There is a mini golf on the boardwalk, one down in north wildwood and one in wildwood off the boardwalk. Definitely shop around and bargin with the stores. I got deals on sweatshirts and beach towels. They will lower price to get you to buy at their store. The beach in wildwood was good. The waves were calm and the water was good. I went to cape may, the water was rough and rocky.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Wildwood in 2 weeks, Need someadvice...

Duffer's is not on the boardwalk, but is a great place for breakfast, lunch, and of course, their homemade ice cream. The servers are very nice--it is decorated like an old-fashioned ice cream parlor. Be warned that the ice cream servings are huge--their single is like a triple. Last year, I had their waffles and ice cream and as much as I loved it, I just couldn't finish it! Check it out

http://www.dufferswildwood.com/Menu.html

Attached to Duffer's is a mini golf and arcade. I haven't seen the glow in the dark ones in Wildwood. There is another course off the boardwalk, but you need a car. I believe it's called Harbor Lights at the end of Wildwood Crest.

We used to have pizza at Sorrento's on the boardwalk, but it was years ago and I don't know if their quality has changed.

Of course, there's Groff's which is more PA dutch type of food rather than boardwalk, but it's a sit down restaurant catering to families.

Don't buy much stuff, so I really can't say much about stores. Old Time photos are on the boardwalk at several locations.

Always liked Wildwood Crest beaches the best since it's quieter down there.

6. Re: Going to Wildwood in 2 weeks, Need someadvice...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 11, 2013