We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September in Wildwood - any hotel / restaurant suggestions?

Which Wildwood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
September in Wildwood - any hotel / restaurant suggestions?

We are planning a mini-vacation, 2 nights in Wildwood in Sept, possibly mid-week to keep the costs down. Any suggestions on a nice clean place to stay, with an outside pool, not too far from the boardwalk? With good parking? Nothing fancy, we always regret it when we pay a lot at hotels because we are never there much! It will be my husband and I and our 5 year old daughter. I see that the Seagull and the Fountain motel got good reviews. Also looking for great family style seafood joints? Thanks in advance!

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
189 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September in Wildwood - any hotel / restaurant suggestions?

Sep is a great time of year to visit the Wildwoods. If my children were not in school we would still be going in Sep.

I suggest you stay in Wildwood Crest. Lodging rates decrease plenty after Sep 2. If you want to be next to the boardwalk call the Adventurer. A few blocks south, and still a short walk to the boardwalk is the Pan American and Nassau Inn are both nice places. In Wildwood Crest there is a nice concrete walkway from the end of boardwalk (by the Adventurer) to the Oceanview motel. Total distance is less than a mile.

Uries is a good place to eat.

new jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September in Wildwood - any hotel / restaurant suggestions?

Thank you so much, I have heard Wildwood Crest is best! And we will check out Urie's. Also read that Sharky's is good, have you ever been there?

3. Re: September in Wildwood - any hotel / restaurant suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood