We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kid friendly hotels in spring lake?

Which Spring Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
kid friendly hotels in spring lake?

Ive just heard about the chateau but they say its not walking distance to beach.........any other ideas.......I had a 1 year and a 5 year old?

new jersey
Level Contributor
929 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kid friendly hotels in spring lake?

Most of Spring Lake lodging is bed and breakfast.

I would walk to the beach from the Chateau.

I guess the term "walking distance" is subject to interpretation.

If you have strollers for the kids, it shouldn't be a big problem, you can cut thru the park across the street from the Chateau, stop at the playground, then get to the beach, I estimate it less than a .5 mile. Of courase if you are packing alot of gear, it could be cumbersome.

Otherwise if you look for a "hotel" there are a few on Highway 35 (travel Lodge, motel 6-dumpy), but I'd recommend the Sea Girt Lodge (has a pool, looks very clean, secure), a small family run hotel in Wall NJ, But it is not within walking distance, perhaps 1.5 miles from the beach.

otherwise search B+B in Spring Lake.

new jersey
Level Contributor
929 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kid friendly hotels in spring lake?

Most of Spring Lake lodging is bed and breakfast.

I would walk to the beach from the Chateau.

I guess the term "walking distance" is subject to interpretation.

If you have strollers for the kids, it shouldn't be a big problem, you can cut thru the park across the street from the Chateau, stop at the playground, then get to the beach, I estimate it less than a .5 mile. Of courase if you are packing alot of gear, it could be cumbersome.

Otherwise if you look for a "hotel" there are a few on Highway 35 (travel Lodge, motel 6-dumpy), but I'd recommend the Sea Girt Lodge (has a pool, looks very clean, secure), a small family run hotel in Wall NJ, But it is not within walking distance, perhaps 1.5 miles from the beach.

otherwise search B+B in Spring Lake.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kid friendly hotels in spring lake?

The Grand Victorian which is right across the street from the beach takes kids:

http://www.grandvictorianspringlake.com/

4. Re: kid friendly hotels in spring lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, February 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Spring Lake