We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gates at Secaucus Jct

Binghamton, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gates at Secaucus Jct

So this morning I was taking the train in from NJ to NY Penn station during peak hours. I have a weekly transit pass that allows for unlimited rides for the week. I went into the wrong area to catch the train for NYP and attempted to use my ticket through the automatic machines that take you back out to the main area (I wasn't in the wrong area, but I needed to get back out to the area past the gates). When I tried this however it said 'Ticket already validated.' and then spit my ticket back out. If I have an unlimited weekly pass why would this be? Wouldn't I be able to go back and forth freely as I please?

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gates at Secaucus Jct

You should have asked the person there to let you out.

Binghamton, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gates at Secaucus Jct

Since I have unlimited though, why would it say that the ticket was already validated if it's valid for the entirety of the week?

Edited: 1:23 pm, July 12, 2013
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gates at Secaucus Jct

there is a time limit between uses. I think 20 minutes

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gates at Secaucus Jct

Just out of curiosity did you get out to get what you needed?

5. Re: Gates at Secaucus Jct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 15, 2014