We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extended Stay America Secaucus to Manhattan! Tranport, Help...

Fortaleza, Brazil
Level Contributor
4 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Extended Stay America Secaucus to Manhattan! Tranport, Help...

Hi guys,

I��m from Brazil and i��m going to New York to study for one month. So, I decided to stay in New Jersey, and the prices of Extended Stay America are so cheap..But, my school is in Manhattan (7th Ave.).. My question is.. It��s to get a bus, train, subway and go to New York?? i��m afraid to arrive there and have no ways to get a tranport easy..

Please, If someone can help me..

Thanks,

Lucas

Arizona
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Extended Stay America Secaucus to Manhattan! Tranport, Help...

If you insist on staying at the Extended Stay, there is one at the mall at Mill Creek, it's called Homestead Studio Suites-here's a link: homesteadhotels.com/minisite/…

Prices are very much the same, and you can take the #320 bus from just about the front door into Port Authority in NYC. It runs every 30 minutes throughout the day and the last bus out of NYC is at 1 am as previous poster mentioned.

You can also check out the candlewood suites in Jersey City-close to PATH trains that will take you into NYC.

Good luck.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,545 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Extended Stay America Secaucus to Manhattan! Tranport, Help...

I think you'd be happier staying somewhere in New York City along a subway line. The subways run frequently and there is service late at night. Maybe the school can help you find a place in Manhattan or in Queens (just east of Manhattan, but still within New York City).

If you do stay in New Jersey, it would be easiest to stay at a hotel near the New Jersey Transit (NJ Transit) trains or the PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson subway).

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Extended Stay America Secaucus to Manhattan! Tranport, Help...

the NJ Transit buses are as "easy" as the NJ

as with the trains, the buses generally stop running at 1am or so

only the PATH runs 24/7

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Extended Stay America Secaucus to Manhattan! Tranport, Help...

that should say "the NJ Transit buses are as easy as the NJ Transit trains to use"

Jersey City, NJ
7 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Extended Stay America Secaucus to Manhattan! Tranport, Help...

If you're truly not dead set on staying at the Extended Stay America in Secaucus, I would highly recommend Candlewood Suites in Jersey City:

ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cw/1/en/rates/EWRJC…

It's on the same caliber with suites for longer stays for businessmen, but it is much closer to Manhattan and offers very convenient public transportation with the PATH trains, e.g. Newport/Pavonia station to 23rd or 33rd Streets at 6th Avenue:

http://www.panynj.gov/path/pathmaplinks2.html

You can't beat the price, it's only $1.50 each way, and it runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Secaucus is not as convenient and probably the money that you think you're saving from staying at ESA will be counteracted with the higher cost for daily commuting AND the longer times that it takes you to get into NYC...and time is money!

Since you are from Brasil, the PATH train from Jersey City is an easy ride into the Ironbound section of Newark along Ferry Street right outside of Newark Penn Station. The Ironbound section is known for it's Portuguese & Brasilian population and great Iberian & rodizio type restaurants. If you feel homesick, you can take a 20 mintue ride there some nights or weekends and get familiar foods and talk in your own language. :-) I loved going there when my father used to work for BANESPA and entertained colleagues visiting from Sao Paulo or Rio de Janiero.

I hope the information helps. Happy Holidays!