We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seacacus as a base to Explore NY.

Which Secaucus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
waterford ireland
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Seacacus as a base to Explore NY.

Thinking of staying in the Embassy Suites in Secacus with a view to travelling into NY to do some sightseeing. What is the location of this hotel like and how close is it to public transport that will take us into Manhattan. All feedback will be greatly appreciated.

waterford ireland
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seacacus as a base to Explore NY.

Bump

Secaucus, NJ
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seacacus as a base to Explore NY.

Crowne Plaza better.

Bus to New York nearby.

I live in Secaucus, so I know!

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seacacus as a base to Explore NY.

do you know that the Embassy Suites is near the #320 bus?

the Crowne Plaza is by the #129 bus

waterford ireland
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seacacus as a base to Explore NY.

Crowne Plaze doesnt seem to have Suites that will take 2 adults and 4 kids. Our 2 options at the moment seem to be Embassy Suites Secaucus or Double Tree in Jersey City.

Jersey City, NJ
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seacacus as a base to Explore NY.

If your mind is not yet made up on hotels, what is your price range? There are hotels in NJ that are more centrally located with public transportation. There are 4 hotels here in downtown Jersey City:

* Hyatt Jersey City

* Candlewood Suites

* Marriott Courtyard

* Doubletree Hotel

All of them are close to the PATH train stations, either the Newport/Pavonia or Exchange Place stations. The price is better than a bus, only $1.50 each way! They run 24/7 and very convenient to Manhattan instead of waiting for a bus that may not give you late night partying opportunities:

http://www.panynj.gov/path/pathmaplinks2.html

You will not only get better views of Manhattan, but a short walk to the Hudson River waterfront for closer views of Manhattan. During the weekdays, you can even take a $5 ferry ride at the Paulus Hook or Harborside ferry slip into Manhattan at the base of Wall Street if you wish:

www.paulushook.org/transportationparking.htm

If you can afford it and want to stay in NJ, I would highly recommend the Jersey City waterfront. That's why after 5 years of renting here, I finally bought a fixer upper brownstone. I hope that helps.