We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday inn Express VS Hampton Inn

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday inn Express VS Hampton Inn

I AM going to get Springsteen tickets for the last GS show (thinking positive..)..and am torn between these two hotels

Hampton is less expensive and it seems we could actually walk to the show.If not, they shuttle you in!.Dinner before is not a big deal, we might head into the city for an early something or other but we would DEF be looking for drinks afterward. IS there a bar within stumbling distance? Also, not a member of any Hampton rewards program, so no points would be earned..I am an unapologetic point/miles wh*re!..:)

Holiday Inn Express is a bit more $$, negligible really..I would get points..it is also within walking distance ,according to other tripadvisors. The MAIN reason I would consider this over the Hampton,tho, is because it appears there is a bar next door that stays open late.

I would rather stay at the Hampton Inn,but will have to book the Holiday Inn Express, if there's no bar close to the Hampton.Is anyone very familiar with this area?

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday inn Express VS Hampton Inn

www.meadowlands.com

www.harmonmeadow.com

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday inn Express VS Hampton Inn

Got my tickets! YAY!!

No interest in staying in Harmon Meadows, thanks.Just booked HI Express so I ,at least, have a room.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,637 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday inn Express VS Hampton Inn

The Holiday Inn Express is a good choice. I have stayed at the hampton in for Steeler games at Giants stadium before. The walk is verry easy. The Holiday Inn is also walkable if you feel up to it. Enjoy the Boss. I saw him at the Spectrum about a month ago.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday inn Express VS Hampton Inn

I've seen him a few times but I think this one will be special..:)

Hey, as long as I can wet my whistle, when we get back to the hotel, I can walk anywhere..lol

Thanks, all

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,637 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday inn Express VS Hampton Inn

No problem. Enjoy.

6. Re: Holiday inn Express VS Hampton Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 29, 2009