We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Heights New Jersey

belleville, nj
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seaside Heights New Jersey

Well I must say with all the bad talking about seaside heights

people seem to forget varity is the spice of life. I saw people from every backround young and old. Everyone was nice and polite. I saw fireworks and walked on the boardwalk and ate in a lot of nice, friendly, and clean places. I highly recommend the American Pie place on the boardwalk 2 large slices of Pizza with a Soda for $5.00 The people who run this place are wonderful.

Life is what you make it and if your a miserable person you will be that where ever you go. Attitude is Contagious!

PS They have Brazilian Food, Greek Food, Belgium Food, Mexican Food, Italian Food and just about all the Seafood you could hope for.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaside Heights New Jersey

Glad to hear you enjoyed Seaside Height. My kids (young teens) love the boardwalk! It's really exciting for them, without having to drive all the way down to Wildwood. (We live up in Union Cty). We've never stayed overnight there. Any recomendations?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
169 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaside Heights New Jersey

I just returned from 3 glorious days in Seaside Heights and came across this forum. I am totally confused. I did not find any of the negative posts to be true. Perhaps the teens infiltrate on weekends? We went Tues-Fri, and all I saw were families with kids around the same age as mine (8). I'm not saying I didn't see teens but they did not monopolize my stay. We stayed in the neighboring town of Ortley Beach and went to the S.H. Boardwalk for nightlife. We found a great Mexican restaurant on the Boardwalk, a good family-style seafood restaurant further down in Seaside Park (The Pier), and a superb Italian/Steak/Seafood restaurant on Ortley Beach (The Diamond). I think the complainers are those who did not do their research. We made it door-to-door 1.5 hours and rain on Tuesday did not even put a damper on things. I've been to Wildwood/Crest and I can't imagine what people found there to be so much better??? Maybe they just like the extra drive?

Bath, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaside Heights New Jersey

Sure the teens get a little rowdy during senior week. So what. it's not a library, it's the beach and the boardwalk............ITS THE JERSEY SHORE!!! People who forget what its like to be young make me sad.

Im 38 my wife and I are headed dow to seaside hight this week for a 4 day weekend like we do every year..........can wait.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,276 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaside Heights New Jersey

I still spend a weekday at IBSP and at about 3:00 in the afternoon we drive to Seaside. The best drink of the day is the first at the Sawmill, then we usually walk a while and get fries in a paper cone. At the other end we get clams at Dentados, then a second drink at The Mug. Sometimes we will get a slice of pizza or a sausage sandwich, but we have yet to get our names on a kernal of rice.

Pjk

baltimore
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaside Heights New Jersey

i have never been to seaside heights plan on driving up there this weekend from baltimore getting ready to book room i can not find out what blocks the boardwalk is on is it in sideside park or is that two different areas

brooklyn
Level Contributor
4 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaside Heights New Jersey

ive lived 10 minutes from seaside hts my whole life .ive been a cop for over 10 years please dont bring your family to seaside hts .its filled with drug dealers gang members,welfare.its not good they had a police shooting there this year 2007.its horrible go to long beach island or pt pleasant stay out of seaside hts.tell everyone you know

dingmans Ferry
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaside Heights New Jersey

I live in the in the middle of nowhere and there is crime here...Its everywhere...Going to Seaside in 1 week and I can't wait...never had a problem in 42 years

NJ
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seaside Heights New Jersey

Seaside Hgts, NJ is just like other honky tonk shore towns, if you expect it, it's no big deal and it is EXCELLENT for people watching and NJ beaches are some of the nicest around. the difference between the "heights" and the "park" is either Lafayette or Decatur st. essentially as you go south along the boards from the heights, Seaside park begins just south of all the amusements, where the ocean side parking lots begin.

Traditionally Seaside Park had a lot of mom and pop motels, and was mostly residential with weekly rentals. Ocean ave is residential the length of Seaside Park.

South of seaside park is a small section of Berkeley twp. (which is mainly on the main land, the twp line runs across the bay) and at the end is Island Beach State Park.

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
189 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seaside Heights New Jersey

I believe Seaside Heights has gotten much cleaner over the past few years. We go to the beach at the southern end of Seaside Park every weekend.

My family walked the boardwalk last Sun afternoon and were surprised. Looked cleaner, more families, many shops and places to eat were updated.

Ride down the Boulevard, big difference from just 5 - 10 years ago with many good restaurants.

seaside hts nj
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Seaside Heights New Jersey

i have gone to seaside hts with my family since i was 9 months old! i finally purchased m own home there in 2006. i love it all year round!

please dont bad mouth the place. give it a chance. it may not be for everyone, but i love the place! bars, restaurants nearby, movie theaters, beaches, fishing, crabbing, boating, boardwalk and my nice quiet little street .... i have all the action i need up the block and the serenity of home right here

Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights
Recent Conversations