We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Heights Parking

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
18 posts
45 reviews
Seaside Heights Parking

Where can you park in Seaside Heights? Is there any free or cheap parking in the area?

Ocean County, NJ
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Seaside Heights Parking

If you park more than 2 blocks from the boardwalk there should be some free parking spots on the street if you arrive early and you don't mind walking. You may have to drive down several streets before you see a free spot. If not, the parking meters are a quarter for about 15-20 mins, so that's a hefty price if you're going to be there all day. If you go during the week, you can pay to park in a large "private" lot which are cheaper Mon-Fri than on the weekend, so it may be worth it to park in a lot if you don't find a free spot.

Good luck!

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Seaside Heights Parking

We just came back and saw a bunch of different lots ranging from $5.00, $7.00 to $10.00 per day. The $5.00 lot wasnt too bad either. We decided to pay meter parking. We got there around 10:00 in the morning and really had our choice of many many spots at that hour. We got one right next to the boardwalk and it was well worth it for the convenience of it and $6.00 we spent for the 6 hours we were there.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,482 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: Seaside Heights Parking

FWIW...

If you park at a meter in Seaside, when you put in a quarter make sure the red flag goes down. The police drive around and look for the flag and not if there is time on the meter. Sometimes the flag gets stuck, doesn't go down when you put in a quarter, and you get a ticket.

If this happens you can call the police and request a form that tells that meter number such-and-such was broken. The meter number is on the ticket. They will check the meter or any other complaints about that meter, and waive the ticket.

Ask me how I found this out?

Pjk

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Seaside Heights Parking

when i went again last week i looked for a flag but didnt see such a thing, the meter was digital. Maybe they are all different.

5. Re: Seaside Heights Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights
Recent Conversations