We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a hotel fairly close to point pleasant beach?

vermont
Level Contributor
2 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
looking for a hotel fairly close to point pleasant beach?

hi- 2 adults and 2 children age 10 & 14 are looking to go to point pleasant beach, but the reviews of some of the motels are scaring me! i wouldn't mind staying at a hoilday inn or hampton near by. does anyone know if there are any big chain hotels near by? we will be traveling from vermont so closer north would be nice. i saw something about toms river but not sure how close. this is our first time to jersey beach ( we usually go to maine) so i want to make it a great time and not worry about bed bugs and mold , smells ect. i've tried to read all reviews and really can't decide. we are hoping to go july 10th for 2 days. thanks for any help.. also if anyone has comments on any other beaches please let me know, we would like to no travel to far south. thanks so much!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a hotel fairly close to point pleasant beach?

When we go to Point Pleasant we usually stay at Tinton Falls b/c of the larger hotel chains and its only 10min away.

We have been happy with the Holiday Inn and the Residence Inn at Tinton Falls. I have not stayed at the Courtyard but property is new and seems clean. These hotels book up fast...so hopefully you'll be able to get something this week. GL!

Since you are going with kids...it is the best place to go...lots to do...and fun for the family.

Mentioned in this post
Point Pleasant Beach
Point Pleasant Beach
Jersey Shore, NJ
NJ
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a hotel fairly close to point pleasant beach?

In Point Pleasant, we have always stayed at the Sand Pebble, across the street from the beach, near the southern end of the boardwalk. They have a brand new building called The Victorian which has large units and is very nice, however you're very late for reserving... They also have another property a few blocks south. I've also read that the Windswept Motel is nice (see reviews). If you stay in Tinton Falls, like first suggestion says, be prepared for traffic entering Point Pleasant - especially on Fri, Sat & Sun. Also, parking lots are quite expensive (and sometimes hard to find). Staying in Point Pleasant gives you free parking and usually free beach passes.

Mentioned in this post
Point Pleasant Beach
Point Pleasant Beach
Jersey Shore, NJ
Windswept Motel
Windswept Motel
187 Reviews
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
3. Re: looking for a hotel fairly close to point pleasant beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Point Pleasant