We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

point pleasant motels

upstate ny
1 post
Save Topic
point pleasant motels

Would like feedback on the following motels, We are traveling in early june wkend and need rooms, and have checked out the windswept (no photos on web) and sand pebble motel, dunes motel, and harbor lights resort (expedia)

thanks for your input.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: point pleasant motels

We have stayed at the Sand Pebble numerous times. It's a nice motel, the people are very friendly who run it, and there's a heated pool right outside your door which is nice. There's also grill service at the pool which we found very convenient. It's in a great location, you just have to cross the street and you're right at the beginning of the boardwalk. Pt. Pleasant is wonderful, especially for families. Do you have kids? If so, the Sand Pebble has L-shaped suites that aren't too expensive, and also larger units (in their new building directly across from the motel) which you can rent by the week.

New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: point pleasant motels

Save yourself - stay away from the Dunes Hotel. It is not fit to stay

in due to excessive mold, odors, noise, and filth. If you find

yourself considering this location, do yourself a favor and read ALL of the

negative reviews for this hotel. I am convinced that the positive

reviews were written by the managers and their friends - who spend their days on the patio, listening to excessively loud foreign music while chain

smoking and drinking. Not suitable for families or people who desire a

reasonable level of cleanliness.

I had a reservation last July to bring my mother to the shore for a few days. It was so bad, we had to drive all the way back home that same day. There was no way we could stay in this place, and there were no vacancies at any of the better hotels/motels. It really is that bad.

connecticut
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: point pleasant motels

I'm with you on the same about the Amethyst Hotel in Point Pleasant. I just stayed there July 20, 2006 and we were put in their "suite" room 138. yuck!!!! I felt it was sooooo old and moldy and musty. Sheets were so old and pitted. I had to wear my flip flops and would not step my bare feet on rug that smelled foul. I was afraid of two things...bed bugs, which thankfully there were none and candid cameras, if you know what I mean. The vents and the ceiling panels were disgusting. I did a quick walk thru the pool area and saw another room quickly, was not impressed at all. I am not sure who writes some of the comments but this room at least should be demolished and they should start over. I was so glad to get out of there. We had no choice and had to stay the night but Never again!

The staff was pleasant enough. No problem there. But I really think this hotel should be cleaned and updated at the least.

I will no longer go to Pt Pleasant NJ where there are so many other nice family jersey shores to pick from.

4. Re: point pleasant motels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Point Pleasant