We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any public transports from/to Parsippany to/from New York...

Which Parsippany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
5 posts
Save Topic
Any public transports from/to Parsippany to/from New York...

Hi,

I am a student from Montreal going to be at NY time square for count down this year. However, as most of you would know that all hotels around that area are booked.

so i have managed to get a room at the Holidays Inn at Parsippany.

Questions 1:

are there public transports go between the two cities?

Q2:

is any of the above avaible after midnight?

Q3:

if i have to take a taxi, how much approx would it be to go from NYC to Parsippany?

are there additional cost because it's new year?

Thanks

Have a great holidays!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any public transports from/to Parsippany to/from New York...

Check the NJTransit website at www.njtransit.com There's a special section for holiday service, and another section that lets you plan a point-to-point trip. NJTransit operates bus and train service in New Jersey. I expect buses would be more useful than trains in Parsippany, but don't expect a convenient schedule. You might also phone the Holiday Inn in Parsippany for transit advice, and for information on how late taxi service is available locally (for example, a taxi from the Morristown train station). A taxi from New York would be very expensive. You may regret staying in Parsippany. If you're young enough to handle it, the best thing might be to stay in New York well past midnight and take the first bus the next morning to Parsippany!

Parsippany
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Any public transports from/to Parsippany to/from New York...

Actually there are no convenient NJ Transit buses to Parsippany. You want to take a Lakeland Bus. You can get a ticket at Grand Central Station in NY.