We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling for a concert in NYC

Maine
5 posts
Save Topic
Travelling for a concert in NYC

My girlfriend and I are coming to NYC from Maine for a concert and we were thinking of staying outside of the city, maybe somewhere in NJ or Connecticut, to cut down on prices a little bit; since it's atleast $350 to stay in NYC and I found hotels for as little as $70 per night in places like Parsippany. I was mostly curious as to how much bus or train fair would be into and out of the city after the concert from these surrounding areas, and how safe it would be to do this. Any advice would be great, thanks a lot.

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Connecticut
Connecticut
United States
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling for a concert in NYC

if you're coming from Maine, I wouldn't drive into NJ; look for a hotel in CT or Westchester County NY

if you want to stay in NJ, I would not stay all the way out in Parsippany; there are some nice hotels in Secaucus which is near exit 16E of the NJ Turnpike

but again, if it was me, I'd stay in CT near a Metro-North railroad station like Stamford

www.mta.info

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Maine
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling for a concert in NYC

Thanks, I ended up booking a room at the marriott in downtown Stamford for only $75/night. Now I just have to figure out the metro-north train schedule. Do you know how late that runs to Stamford from Grand Central Station, i got a couple differing schedules from the mta website so I wasn't sure. Thanks a lot!

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling for a concert in NYC

looks like last train is 1:50am