We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite breakfast place

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite breakfast place

We always like to start our day, with a non chain restaurant breakfast. Any suggestions. Doesn't have to be only in the OV area. We've heard good things, about The Mad Batter, in Cape May. We're going to stay in the OC/Absecon/Cape May area. Thanks ..

mlf
South Jersey
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite breakfast place

Wow - OC/Abscon/Cape May area covers a lot of ground. You might want to narrow down where you are staying. Ocean City to Abseon is a good half hour drive. Absecon to Cape May you is an easy hour with summer traffic.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite breakfast place

If you are going to be staying in Cape May, I don't think anything in Ocean City is worth the hour drive for breakfast.

If, however, you are staying locally, our favorite is the Varsity on 8th street. Unfortunately, they started a renovation on the restaurant late winter that went way longer (I think) then they had planned, and as of a week ago when we last left Ocean City they were not yet open. They did, however, look close so I think we can add them to our stable of great OC restaurants soon.

I like their breakfasts because they have some neat combos and always have daily specials. If you happen to be there at lunchtime, their soups are great - especially the Baked NJ Tomato variety!