We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going for the first time (may 13-15)

Save Topic
Going for the first time (may 13-15)

hello,I've never been to ocean city and I was wondering if somebody could help me out.I have 2 questions the first one being what hotels are nice and close to the beach. The second one is the boardwalk open at this time if someone answer those questions it would be very helpful.

Thank You

NJ
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going for the first time (may 13-15)

First of all, I'd recommend waiting until at least Memorial Day Weekend. Usually that's when everything opens up, and then, I think, only on weekends. Also, why would you want to go that early in May, when it's not beach weather. Typically it doesn't get hot enough to enjoy the beach (and go in the ocean) until the end of June. Regarding hotels, look at tripadvisor reviews. We've stayed at Flanders Hotel (set back on boardwalk) and like it, but this year, we're trying Beach Club Hotel which is right on the boardwalk.

Mentioned in this post
The Flanders Hotel
The Flanders Hotel
538 Reviews
Ocean City, NJ
Beach Club Hotel
Beach Club Hotel
202 Reviews
Ocean City, NJ
Ocean City, NJ
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
544 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going for the first time (may 13-15)

I think May 13-15 is a great time to go. I think many places will be open on the weekends. You can get great deals on condos, so I would look into that as well. You can ride bikes on the boardwalk. Lots to do at night in Somers Point. Easy day trips to Cape May and Atlantic City. Also, all of the stores will be open on Asbury Ave. Fishing and golf also available. There are many very warm days in May as well. The ocean water will be cold, but you can go to the beach if you get a warm day.

Mentioned in this post
Cape May
Cape May
Cape May County, NJ
Atlantic City
Atlantic City
Jersey Shore, NJ