We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flanders Hotel haunted?

Bridgewater,NJ
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Flanders Hotel haunted?

Anyone heard this hotel is haunted? I Saw this on TV and wondered if anyone who has stayed here at the hotel agrees they have also heard about this.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flanders Hotel haunted?

If you take the Ghost Tour in Ocean City (and if it's as good as t was when we took it a couple of years ago, it's well worth the price) they do tell a story about the Flanders ghost. As I recall, something to do with Flander's Field from WWI.

I'd say like most of the things like that, it makes a good story.

philadelphia,pa
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flanders Hotel haunted?

I know someone who us to work there and for sure there is a ghost in there she said at night you would here things stuff would fall down and all kinds of things so believe it

Feeding Hills...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flanders Hotel haunted?

I stayed at Flanders in 1994 before it was individually owned. I never heard anything at that time that it was haunted but (this may sound wierd) I felt like it was. I even went to the library in OC to see if there was anything written about it. Three years ago when I did the ghost tour they said it was haunted. I guess a woman spirit haunts the place and is there mourning the loss of a soldier from WW1. I hope I have my facts staraight on that one.

Ocean City, NJ
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flanders Hotel haunted?

I don't believe in this, but here is some information about it:

http://www.theflandershotel.com/emily.htm

http://www.theflandershotel.com/history.htm

usatoday.com/travel/news/features/2002/2002-…

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flanders Hotel haunted?

Looking back at this post remindeds me...has the Ghost Tour left Ocean City?? The building just off 9th street looked empty last weekend when we drove by. Did it move, or is it gone??

I know we took it with our kids 3 or 4 years ago and loved it. We had a great lady as a guide but I could see that this tour would depend a lot on the "theatrical" sense of the guide. Not something that would be a thrill were you to get an exchange student from Eastern Europe like many of the OC summer workers.

Too bad if it is gone...just something less for folks to do in OC!

6. Re: Flanders Hotel haunted?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 16, 2009