We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asbury and 1 st

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Asbury and 1 st

helo, we are planning on staying in a rental on 3104 Asbury and 1st ocean city...from 6/24-7/1..Is this a busy section of town, or family oriented? Have never been to NJ, but I love the ocean~

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Asbury and 1 st

Just to add to that..can anyone tell me what kind of area this is....busy, crowded, etc. And just how EXPENSIVE are things here? We are from outside of Buffalo in a very rural area, and I am trying to fix a budget for a week in Ocean City, any suggestions?

Thank you.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asbury and 1 st

Confused....is your place at 31st and Asbury or 1st and Asbury? Quite different neighborhoods. All of Ocean City is family oriented.

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Asbury and 1 st

Well, to tell you the truth, I am not quite sure..I did a map quest to 3104 Asbury, which is near 31, maybe the 1st is a rental unti number instead of a street....I have to contact them for further detail on that......how is the neighborhood at 3104 asbury and 31st? close to beach and boardwalk? Thank you for your help~

Bryn Mawr, PA
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asbury and 1 st

31st St is nowhere near the boardwalk. If you have a small family, I would HIGHLY recommend that you stay in teh North endof teh island, anywhere from 5th St to 12th st is teh heart of Ocean City, and within walking distance to teh beach AND the boardwalk. This is where you want to stay if you want to come on vacation, park your car, and BE ON VACATION....and parking is a nightmare at night, so belive me ....you don't want to be in a position to have to drive yourslef to go to teh boardwalk at night.

Bryn Mawr, PA
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asbury and 1 st

I agree. If you are vacationing in Ocean City, and you want to be only near the BEACH, and no where near all the fun stuff and activities to do in OC (shopping downtwon, Boardwalk attractions, fishing, boating, jet skiing, bike riding, etc....then book your stay in teh south end: otherwise known as teh GOLD COAST (lots of million dollar homes, and somewhat quiet. But if the purpose of your vacation is to have fun, and be near everything,then book it in the NORTH END...I agree 5th or 6th St to 10-12th st is IDEAL!

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asbury and 1 st

While the north end of OC is right where all the "action" is from the boardwalk standpoint, families can also have a good time on the southern end of OC...away from the bulk of the day-trippers, crowds and cars. Yes, you will need to get in your car and drive to the boardwalk. My one issue with 31st and Asbury is that, for the southern end of the island, that's just about the busiest part there is. It's right off the bridge, so there's lots of businesses and traffic nearby. The beach will be very crowded there as well. Go a few block south...say to 35th street or above, and you get out of all that mess, but are still close enough to walk to area shops, restaurants, and the playground.

Malvern, PA
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Asbury and 1 st

luvbug,

It sounds as if you are at 31st and asbury on the first floor, but you will want to verify before you get down to OC. As for the area it is not close to the boardwalk, but if you are not going to the boards every night it is not a big deal. You will be close to the 34th st. park if you have kids. There are also are basketball and tennis courts there. You are close to a few store, resturaunts and ACME. For your first time to OC it will be fine and you can scope it out for next year. Don't worry you will love it in OC.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Asbury and 1 st

While we now own a house in the North End, the first place we ever stayed was 32nd and Asbury. From the corner of 31st and Asbury you are a short 1 1/2 blocks from the beach. Stores within walking distance and as has been said, a short drive to an Acme supermarket. Yes, you will have to drive to the boardwalk but there is no need to go every night.

Costs in OC are not over the top and if you are willing to cook some meals you can have a great vacation and not spend a fortune. Pizza and the like is not over the top and if you limit boardwalk trips, you will be fine.

Have fun...it is the best place for a family vacation!

Feeding Hills...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Asbury and 1 st

Luvbug,

Another piece of advice I found helpful is to eat away from the boardwalk. In our years going to OC, we find a new restaurant a few blocks away from the boards and while we walk to the boardwalk after, we stop for ice cream on one of the side streets. (I can't remember the name, but it had a carasoul horse out front- very good). I am not trying to sound cheap, but with small children, it can get expensive. You will love OC

10. Re: Asbury and 1 st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, May 22, 2009