We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Club or Port O Call?

New York
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Club or Port O Call?

What are the pros and cons to these 2 hotels? They both seem to get ok reviews. Trying to decide which would be the better spot for our summer vacations.

Thanks

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Club or Port O Call?

Very similar. Port O Call is at the southern end of the boardwalk while Beach Club is near the middle and walking distance to more. Beach Club has regular rooms as well as suites.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,190 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Club or Port O Call?

Port O Call is a full service hotel that has a pool, a proper restaurant and is located right on the boardwalk. The beach out front is (relatively) uncrowded. It is at the end of the commercial part of the boardwalk so in one direction (as you walk or ride your bike) you have just the beach and an uncrowded boardwalk but you are on the edge of the commercial area too in the other direction. You can rent bikes at the corner and get casual food right at Bob's just steps away on the boardwalk. You are handy to everything just by strolling down the boards but you are away from the hustle bustle. To me this is an excellent choice which I have enjoyed in the past. Have a great trip whatever you decide.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Club or Port O Call?

Both hotels are very similar. Port o Call has nicer rooms in my opinion. Beach Club has a restaurant right on the boardwalk/ocean. Their pool is very nice and right on the Boardwalk (convenient if you want to grab a hot dog or something). Port o Call is a little further down (which I like) the boardwalk making their beach less crowded. Their pool is also on the boardwalk. Really you can't go wrong either way, so pick based upon rate and preferred location.

4. Re: Beach Club or Port O Call?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 29, 2012