We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best street to park/beach to start from

Teaneck, New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Best street to park/beach to start from

I will be going to OC for a day trip from AC- I was just wondering since the boardwalk is so big can anyone recommend a good street to park or area to look in. Looking for a nice beach area good for a toddler- would be great if it had kiddie rides nearby and any other attractions that are appropriate for a 2 yr old. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best street to park/beach to start from

While the boardwalk is 2 1/2 miles long the commercial part runs from 6th street to about 14th street. If you are looking for kiddie rides, the two places you want to go are Gillians Wonderland @ 6th street and Playland @ about 10th street. There are municipal parking lots on both sides of 9th street and the boardwalk but if you are looking for street parking and perhaps a less crowded beach, I would suggest starting @ 6th street and working north (lower street numbers) from there.

Have fun!!

long island
Level Contributor
708 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best street to park/beach to start from

Frank3,

It seems that you know info about Ocean City. We are staying at The Borgata and will be doing one day at Ocean City. Do you know the most direct route to OC other than going down Ventor Avenue? We took this street last month from Ocean City to Bally's and while is was very scenic it did seem to take a long time. Especially since we'll be staying at The Borgata.

Ocean City, NJ
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
534 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best street to park/beach to start from

Your other option would be to go down the Garden State Parkway. I always take the Ventor Ave route. The traffic signals are timed.

Edited: 7:04 pm, September 12, 2010
Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best street to park/beach to start from

The Atlantic City Expressway to the Garden State parkway exit 30 would work, but it's miles and miles out of the way. For example, you have to drive 7 miles into the mainland in order to pick up the Parkway before you go south in the general direction of O.C.

Slightly better than the Ventnor Avenue route is the parallel Atlantic Avenue. Through Ventnor and Margate, the speed limit on Atlantic Ave. is 35, as opposed to 25 on Ventnor Ave. Both are 25 in Longport.

In O.C., I'd recommend the beach at 6th Street. Huge municipal parking lot accessible only via 5th Street, but you can drive across to the 6th Street end of it to park. This puts you right at Gillian's Wonderland for the kiddie rides.

Malvern, PA
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best street to park/beach to start from

I would recommend 6th or 12th. As previous stated about 6th you have parking and Gillians. At 12 you have parking and Castaway is a block away. More importantly with a toddler there a bathrooms at both. At least I believe their are bathrooms at 6th next to Gillians. Frank and 826 will be able to confirm.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best street to park/beach to start from

There are public bathrooms right beside Gillian's on the 6th Street access to the Boardwalk; I don't know whether there are any actually inside the establishment. Castaway Cove has public bathrooms inside the establishment, right near the log flume.

7. Re: Best street to park/beach to start from

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, May 21, 2012