We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North End Beach Replenishment Project

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
North End Beach Replenishment Project

This week's Ocean City Gazette reports that the $15 Million replenishment project will start sometime between Dec 20 and 25. It will take between 45 and 60 days to complete and will pump 1.7 million cubic yards of sand on the beachs from Seaview Road to 17th Street. The City Council asked all the appropriate questions like why now and not closer to the summer season. You can read the whole article at http://www.oceancitygazette.com/

Ocean City, NJ
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
534 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North End Beach Replenishment Project

I was curious whether this project started. We were down over the New Year's holiday and didn't see any signs of this project, at least where we were.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North End Beach Replenishment Project

If you drive down the north end by East Atlantic the road has been blocked with pipes for about 3 weeks. Last weekend we saw the crows nest gizmo that goes up and down the beach and monitors and controls the process. It didn't look like anything much was happening but the gathering of equipment. As I recall from 2 years ago, the machines are not quiet and you know when they are doing it. I would say the actual work has not started yet!

3. Re: North End Beach Replenishment Project

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City