We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle Riding in Ocean City.

south jersey
Level Contributor
239 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Bicycle Riding in Ocean City.

Hello, I would like to take my family to Ocean City this summer. Can someone please help me where to find a bicycle rental store. When can we ride on the boardwalk? Thanks for your help!! Art

philadelphia
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycle Riding in Ocean City.

you can ride on the boardwalk til noon every day. Its best to ride early as it can get crowded later and not everyone follows the rules of the boardwalk. There are many places to rent bikes between 4th and 14th street. Usually every block or two, right near the boardwalk. You can rent by the hour, day or week. In addition, you can also ride the Haven trail. This is a nice alternative to the boardwalk. It runs from about 18th street South. It runs along the wetlands for a good part and most parts are car free. Enjoy your trip.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycle Riding in Ocean City.

Amen to that last post!

Yes, it is much more enjoyable to get out there early!! Savor the early morning weather and relative solitude.

By 9-10 am, the boardwalk gets crowded with a multitude of walkers, joggers, runners, bikers & surrey riders, all moving at different speeds. To their credit, OC has painted lines in an effort to segregate these groups into distinct lanes, but as you will see, many people simply ignore these lanes.

Add to that the incidence of travelers who are easily distracted, suddenly stop dead in their tracks, and/or are not looking where they are going, & it can be a full-time job avoiding accidents!

Have fun but stay alert!

Malvern, PA
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bicycle Riding in Ocean City.

AAAHHHH rush hour on the boards. I wish I was there rather then the rush hour of the cars on 202 and 76. (LOL)

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bicycle Riding in Ocean City.

Also be aware that when you get to the North End and the South End of the boardwalk it narrows and there is even less room to share with bikers, runners and walkers. Just going to the beach some mornings we wish there were traffic lights on the boardwalk!

5. Re: Bicycle Riding in Ocean City.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 17, 2010