We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool + Beach possible?

Indiana
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Pool + Beach possible?

Hi, we were planning on going to Ocean City in July, 2010 and I figured I better get researching. It will be a family reunion with 6 adults and 7 children. I wasn't sure whether it would be better to rent a house or a couple of condos. What we are looking for is to be right on the beach (near the Boardwalk? I heard there are a lot of fun activities for kids there) but also have access to a pool. Are there any houses or condo complexes you're aware of that fit the bill? And what part of town would be best if you didn't want to have to get into your car?

Thanks so much!

Jil

Indiana
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Pool + Beach possible?

Thank you SO MUCH for suggesting 1670 Boardwalk. I think that's the way we're going to go because it has everything we're looking for. Now we're trying to decide between the 23 available units. Not all of them have photos of the interiors. I'm trying to figure out what the layout of the condos is to see if some of them might have ocean views as well, but I haven't been able to find that online. I think Berger Realty is handling most of the units, so I might ask them.

I appreciate all the insight you have provided.

Jil

Hillsborough, NJ
12 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Pool + Beach possible?

Jill,

Good luck on your search. My family and I go every year with a couple familes and we stay at the edgewater estates. In two weeks we will go for our 6th year so I guess you can say we are happy. We very comfortably sleep 7 adults and 5 kids in two units. The location is excellant its half a block to the beach and right across the street from the water park.

gardencourtestates.com/newsite/edgewater.html

The other site to try is below. Has a bunch of different units. We once toured the beachwatch units and they were nice. That condo complex is rigth on the boardwalk so you can't get much closer then that.

www.beachwatchnj.com/rentals_with_pools.htm

Steve

Ocean City, NJ
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
537 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pool + Beach possible?

Most Beachwatch condos only have 1 bedroom. There are only a handful of 2 bedroom units. Each one is privately owned and some are much nicer than others, so check the pictures carefully.

They are in the northern boardwalk amusement area (around 7th and boardwalk), so you wouldn't have to get in your car.

hells kitchen
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Pool + Beach possible?

We just got back from a week in unit 25 in 1670 Boardwalk. Five of us including three high school/college aged ladies. We cried when our week was over.

1) the unit has been updated and is very clean

2) walk across boardwalk to ocean; in 5 minutes you are there!

3) this is a residential area of the boardwalk, but the commercial area is a ten minute walk down the boards.

4) OC is a great town, we loved the family atmosphere, there is no alcohol which seems to keep things calmer.

5) nice pool area.

15. Re: Pool + Beach possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 10, 2010