We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What city to fly into to visit Ocean city?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kansas
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What city to fly into to visit Ocean city?

I'm trying to plan an extended family getaway to Ocean city next summer. I can't figure out what city to fly into from the Midwest? Altantic City? or Newark? how long of a drive would that be? any suggestions? thanks so much- angela

mlf
South Jersey
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What city to fly into to visit Ocean city?

Spirit Air is your best bet. It flys into AC int airport - although really not in AC. About 20 minutes away. If I can't fly Spirit I use Philadelphia - it's only about an hour and I find it an easier airport to navigate and friendlier.

Pcean City, NJ
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What city to fly into to visit Ocean city?

Atlantic City is your best bet followed by Philly. From Newark you would still have a 2 hour drive. AC International is just a short hop up the AC Expressway from the Garden State. You connect with the GCP at exit 38 and OC is either exit 30 or 25 (depending on which end of the island you are going to) so it is very close. Not sure of the logistic of Philly airport, but it has got to be closer than Newark.

Bryn Mawr, PA
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What city to fly into to visit Ocean city?

Yep, I agree. I used to fly from Chicago directly to Ocean City and it takes 15 minutes to deplane, collect luggage, get in your car and start driving. About 15-20 min drive to Ocean City.

2nd choice would be Philadelphia. Although baggage claim can take a long time here. It is still only about 50-60 minute drive to Ocean City.

Newark is exactly 2 hours AFTER you leave the airport.

kansas
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What city to fly into to visit Ocean city?

Great info, thanks everyone. I think its more expensive to fly from Kansas city to Atlantic City, so it might be cheaper fo us to fly into Philly if its not very far to drive. thanks again!- angela