We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay away from the Ocean Manor

Douglassville...
1 post
Save Topic
Stay away from the Ocean Manor

I booked a 4-night stay at the Ocean Manor Inn this past week (August 2005) and I wanted to warn others. I found the Sept. 18, 2004 tripadvisor.com posting about this hotel (and this wonderful site for that matter) too late for the trip advice to benefit me but I thought I would try to help others. I've stayed at alot of hotels in Ocean City but this was probably the worst. We stayed in #3 of the main check-in hotel but word at the pool from other guests was that everyone seemed to experience the same. Days prior to the stay, when it was sadly too late to cancel without penalty, I sent the 9-18-04 posting to the Ocean Manor and indicated very clearly that I was concerned about the uncleanliness of the hotel that a past guest noted, especially when I was bringing two small children. They never replied in any way even now when my stay has concluded (over a week later though management replied quickly to emails about reservation requests and appeared to play a lot of solitaire). The room was expensive and yet FILTHY; the towels are the thinnest and the smallest I've ever seen; the air conditioning was set very high and is unadjustable so it was very cold; the carpets had huge ugly stains and appeared to have never been cleaned; there is no phone in the room; the beds are uncomfortable; the showers vascillated between very hot and cold; we could only get 1 room key - I could go on and on but I think it's most important to note that I got the very distinct impression that management did not care one bit about repeat or referral business in the slightest -I know there is enough new business to keep them doing well enough but they didn't want to invest anything in this property to make it more comfortable or enjoyable for their guests. I even overheard management telling another person how another guest claimed how filthy it was and demanded a refund. Overall, a real pity. Travelers BEWARE of this one.

SCHWENKSVILLE
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay away from the Ocean Manor

Nothing compared to the Sifting Sands. Only went there out of tradition. Back when my wife and I wanted to get away and not spend alot we went to Sifting Sands. Thought we would bring the family down for a 4 nite stay after visiting their website and was informed both by pictures and by false advertising that their rooms had been refurbished. What a crock. Booked a "superior" room. It was inferior in every way. Dirty carpet, cracked shower door, filthy bathroom floor, no toilet paper, (do you know how embarassing it is to have to call management at 1130pm for toilet paper?) the list goes on and on. And when I complained to management that the room looked ABSOLUTELY nothing like the pictures online...i was told I could leave and find accomodations elsewhere if I didnt like it. They could have cared less....in fact, the owner was more engrossed in the nascar race on TV than actually fixing my dilemma. I feel for you justaskme and I feel your pain.